HD Military Screws - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:54 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
HD Military Screws

Hi, I have a 47 HD Military in good working order , so I ask this education wise.
What´s the purpose of the screw in front of the trigger guard and the srew on the upper rear right side of the slide ?
Thanks, regards, Nicioli
Old 06-17-2019, 07:23 AM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
HD Screws

The front screw adjusts the trigger over travel . The back screw on the slide binds the rear sight. The back screw is bound by the FP Retainer screw.- Alan Aronstein
Old 06-17-2019, 07:48 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Mr. Aronstein but the screw I was referring to is one located externaly on the upper right side of the slide between the rear sight assembly and the plunger button.
I guess it has something to do with the firing pin?
And last but not least, would the overtravel screw in any way interfere with with the striking force of the hammer?
Sometimes I experience a failure to fire and need to cock the piece a second time to succed. But this could be the ammo, you know the CBC brand , the only one we have avaiable here is well known for its unrealibility.
Thanks again, best regards, Nicioli

Old 06-17-2019, 01:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
pickup spring screw

Nicioli, the screw on the right rear side of the slide is called the pickup spring screw. It holds the pickup spring in place. The screw cannot be unscrewed unless the firing pin is removed first. The screw has a cutout for clearance for the firing pin when it is in place. Trying to turn the screw results in the edge of the screw hitting the firing pin. Many of these pistols have buggered up screw slots from people trying the remove the screw with the firing pin in place. It does not need to be turned unless a person is completely stripping the parts from the slide.

The overtravel screw adjustment should not affect the hammer impact force.

Last edited by HSWayne; 06-18-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-17-2019, 06:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Mr. Wayne I´ll not tamper with that screw as the gun functions normally .
It was just out of curiosity.Since the overtravel screw doesn´t have any influence on the hammer striking force I must put the ocasional fail to fire incidentes to poorly primed ammo.
Thanks again, regards, Nicioli
Old 06-18-2019, 10:13 AM
HDMS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Plunger button spring retaining screw ?
Old 06-18-2019, 11:27 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
button

The pickup spring button, which sticks out of the top of the slide, is held in place in the slide by the pickup spring, which is then held in place by the pickup spring screw.