wanting to buy a cooper - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
HERCO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
wanting to buy a cooper

HI I have been looking for a cooper M57 and found a dealer not to far from me, He seems to have a large bunch to choose from The name is L&M Enterprises, Has anyone had any dealing with them.( not to far is like 200 miles so haven't been there)
Old 06-23-2006, 01:13 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i have seen his website and yes he does have a good sleection. Lots of left hand stuff because the owner is a lefty. Seems all his guns have the steel butt plate. I called him for a price on a gun and he would not budge from his price which I believe was "list price" . I have always found that coopers can be had for at least 10% off list. He would not move on price so I kept my money and he kept his gun, There are plenty of shops out there that sell coopers at good prices......First Stop, Hendershots, NJ Firearms Guild to name a few.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Longhair1957
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can also go to a SPortsmans Warehouse... Some not all of them have a small stock of them... but any of them can do a store to store transfer to get it to your local store. Are you located in Iowa? I am just judging from the reference to L&M Entrerprises at area code 319. I know there is one in Ankeny and there is one in Souix Falls SD as well

Last edited by Longhair1957; 06-23-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2006, 10:12 PM
DEADGOPHERS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased a Classic from L & M last year and had good dealings with them. They keep exceptional quality inventory and several to choose from. I just purchased a Cooper from First Stop and it is "AT" Cooper now undergoing warranty replacement of receiver. Only 2 1/2 weeks wait to go "supposedly". I purchased it 2 weeks ago..don't know why I'm so impatient I called First Stop with my problem and they told me Cooper would take care of me. All this ammo and I never got to fire a shot.....how did it make the test target ? I'll never know but I still keep asking myself. I sure hope its a shooter when it comes back!

Last edited by DEADGOPHERS; 06-23-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:49 AM
deadleg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
While L&M does stock a lot of fine Coopers, especially if you're a lefty, but I've seem the same thing with their prices being "up there" and them not willing to barter.

I bought most of my Coopers from Tom and Joanne Thomas at the Outdoorsman in PA and always get excellent service and prices from this friendly couple. They are always my first call when looking for another Cooper. Whittakers in KY also usually has a stock at fair prices.

When they both fail for a specific caliber and grade I'm looking for, I just call Cooper direct for the contact info of where they shipped the most recent of what I am looking for rather than wait the wait for more to be built. For me anyway, paying a few dollars more is better than a long wait for the next run.

HTH
Old 06-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Raidman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Raidman

I have bought 5 Coopers from http://firststopguns.com/ after checking prices online and found they were the cheapest.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:19 AM
HERCO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank this is helping alot. It will give me some places to call and deal I have a lot of rifles and do a lot of shooting. I think the Cooper are a very nice looking and shooting rifle and I have heard on here that they will take care of you if you have problems. Deadgopher sorry to hear that, You would think that wouldn't happen, I also like the test target and the guarantee of what they can do even if the man can't shoot that well he knows his rifle can.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
After you figure in shipping and transfer fees, the lower prices online may or may not be a better deal. Plus, I like to be able to eyeball the gun I'm buying if possible.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:23 AM
tim s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had fair dealings with L&M but for mainstream stuff, you just can't beat Tom @ the outdoorsman. I've bought something like 8 Coopers from him and a couple Dakota's. He's good people.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
HERCO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tim can you give more Imfoe on the Outdoorman? Web address if you have it, If it is The total Outdoorman on here then I guess I didn't see that they sold guns,
Old 06-26-2006, 01:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
99% (56)
The Outdoorsman,north of Scranton,doesn't have a website.I 've dealt with them years ago when I had the time for gun show roadtrips.Good folks.They will give you a fair price upfront,they're not into dickering.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:58 PM
deadleg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster
The Outdoorsman,north of Scranton,doesn't have a website.I 've dealt with them years ago when I had the time for gun show roadtrips.Good folks.They will give you a fair price upfront,they're not into dickering.
Ditto that! When I bought my upgraded 17 Ackley Hornet Classic from Tom about 5-6 years ago, as a repeat customer he offered it to me for below their already lower than normal price for one with just standard wood. Great gent to deal with.

HERCO - just do a web search and you'll find their phone and address no problem. Then give Tom a call and save some money over getting one from L&M.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:00 PM
brad541thb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
L&M Enterprises is Cooper's elite dealer of top end Cooper rifles.

If you are wanting your best price, try here.

http://www.whittakerguns.com/
Old 06-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Passinby

TPC Rating: 
99% (69)
Send a message via Yahoo to Passinby
I hear they are pretty rigid about their list prices, but they stock beautiful Coopers, and they show them on their website

http://www.hendershots.net/gunroom.asp

Go to "Cooper"
Old 06-26-2006, 09:38 PM
watchthewind
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Outdoorsman

I got an excellent price on my 222 from Tom Very easy guy to deal with and honest!
Scott