Read please. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Gunny Ret.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Angry Read please.

It doesn't pay to read the posts anymore. People keep asking the same things that have been asked many times before. If they would read the posts, 95% or more of the questions were already asked and responded to.

Last edited by Gunny Ret.; 05-22-2005 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Orgnoi1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Certainly didnt pay to read THIS thread...
Old 05-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Chunckchucker
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
96% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgnoi1
Certainly didnt pay to read THIS thread...
Man you got that right. At least the posters asking the same old questions are TRYING to LEARN something instead of trying to start something.

Chunckchucker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2005, 09:44 PM
jshull

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
whine whine whine at some point every one has asked the tired ol same question including you
Old 05-22-2005, 09:51 PM
nwo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunckchucker
Man you got that right. At least the posters asking the same old questions are TRYING to LEARN something instead of trying to start something.

Chunckchucker
I agree.

I don't mind ANYONE asking questions that we have all read before. Any kind of question regarding our great hobby is welcome by me, even if it is tired out one.

I'll never find fault in anyone trying to learn about something.

Sometimes using the 'search' feature takes FOREVER, and then you get all kinds of results. It can be VERY confusing, especially for a new person. A straight forward question is always the best. It's faster, easier, and you get a more concise answer without having to sift through a thousand different results trying to find something that you can use.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Gunny, we constantly get new people that have questions. We have established members that get new or different firearms and have questions. Sometimes people ask questions just to start a conversation, we are here to talk to each other. It would get really boring if all we did was read old posts. We could buy books and magazines if we just wanted to read. We get the same old "Can I shoot 22lr in my 22 mag" questions. How can you NOT answer that? Someone is gonna get hurt if you don't.

I understand your frustration with same old, same old. It is your choice to read them or not. I might point out that sometimes the same old questions lead to really interesting threads. Sometimes new members or members with very few posts like your self can lead a thread in an interesting and new direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 05-22-2005, 10:08 PM
brad541thb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree with the others here. Pick your threads to read. If it becomes boring to you, then don't read them. Life gets boring the longer you live. But I myself ain't ready to die yet. When I get bored, I find something to entertain me. That's why I come here. Sometimes it gets boring on here because nobody is posting any new threads to read. I like the new posts feature. Even if some of the new posts are the same ole stuff, at least they are new threads to read and maybe I might find something interesting in one of them.

Brad

Last edited by brad541thb; 05-22-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:15 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
yea, guys, am new here and am still trying to figure out how old my savge is.
serial # is 01863XX. any help ?? new ques, old ques, the search feature does not always answer everyones' ques. lol.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:04 PM
DEADGOPHERS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think its more interesting for folks to interact ....than to sit silently on the sidellines.

The only foolish question is the one not asked
Old 05-22-2005, 11:45 PM
brad541thb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey Deadgophers, did you get the Cooper yet?

Brad
Old 05-23-2005, 12:07 AM
JasonYuke

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Myself am new as well and can ensure to all that may concern themselves that for one myself have been reading page upon page of information prior to posting and have gained much advice positive ALL, purchased a marlin 917 vs baised on it orderd some upgardes and was thankfull to have some knowlegeable people help me out.
Thaks guys I realy appreciate your posts replys even if it was talked about much
Old 05-23-2005, 07:32 AM
elcucuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunckchucker

Chunckchucker
AMEN, Gentlemen!! I thought the only "stupid question" was the one that was unasked I would like to thank each, and everyone on this site for all the things I have learned mk.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:13 AM
sawdust

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Search Function

This seems to be the most neglected part of the RFC web site, It should be the most used. There is an absolute wealth of information already laying there for anyone to tap into. This isn't meant to be a short answer to everyones questions but it will usually yield more info than you will recieve on any one individual thread. Some people get tired of responding to the same questions and therefore don't, so the person asking gets short changed. If you do a search and don't find anything then thats the question we're all looking for, something new. This applies mostly to the technical questions and the "Any Good" questions. As far as the conversations, reports and good humored sharing, keep those cards and letters coming in.

Good luck

sawdust
Old 05-23-2005, 08:18 AM
DEADGOPHERS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brad....YEP! GOT IT! but don't have my scope rings yet. I had to get them from Brownells. Nobody in NW Montana sells Tally rings and I wasn't aware that only Talley Rings fit Talley Mounts. They will be here Wednesday. I'm not too sick though, we have had 20mph winds everyday. On looks and feel though.......I want another Cooper!
Old 05-23-2005, 03:29 PM
bobmud

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
all this talk gets me thinkin...what gun should i get, savage, cz, ruger, marlin, or remington...if i get the savage, how is the shim trick done again. who makes the best scopes by the way???/ jk!!