Lovin the new gun - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:00 PM
marksman1941

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Lovin the new gun

So, i picked up a Mk III Hunter last tuesday. I had to wait until thursday to shoot it, which was torturous beyond belief. I put about 130 rds through it on thursday, bringing the sights down a bit and testing ammo. Thankfully, it hates CCI Mini-mags but loves cheap American Eagle and Federal Champion ammo.

I went out last night with my uncle and cousins and put about 400 rds through it, mainly federal champions. Once I learned the sights, it shot like a dream for me. Then I let my uncle shoot it, and he shamed me mercilessly. He put 10 rds into a hole the size of a quarter at 15 yds. I wasn't that good, but I was starting to learn the gun and get pretty good with it.

Today I went out and checked out the speed steel competition, and ended up shooting in it. I caught on pretty quick, and took 2nd out of the 6 people in my division, which I was pretty proud of considering I've owned the pistol all of 5 days, and have minimal prior experience with pistols. Needless to say, I love this gun. I just went and bought a membership to our pistol range, and have been shopping for a few more mags (2 mags is hard to deal with when you're supposed to have 5) and a decent case for it.

Last edited by marksman1941; 03-11-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
jeff 3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buy mag's from Midway USA they are 16.99 when there on sale. ENJOY Jeff
Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
marksman1941

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff 3 View Post
Buy mag's from Midway USA they are 16.99 when there on sale. ENJOY Jeff
THANK YOU!! Haha, I was about to buy the 3 pack from Cabelas for $75, which is sadly the cheapest I could find. None of the stores around here even carry them, although almost all of them carry the pistol (makes a whole lotta sense, dont it?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 PM
junglekat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like a ruger,Glad you like it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:00 PM
marksman1941

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglekat View Post
Sounds like a ruger,Glad you like it.
My only gripe is the machining marks that I found when I tore it down last night (btw, I didn't have nearly as much trouble as I was told I would when reassembling it). Most of them weren't too bad, but there were 4 or 5 grooves cut into the top of the bolt housing (essentially right underneath the back sight), that I was a little leery of. Will those catch and hold grit and ****, and screw with the bolt movement after a while? I also found a few edges with bits of metal just kinda hanging on that fell off when I nudged them with a screwdriver. I'm glad they didn't come off in the gun, and hope nothing came off before I tore it apart.