Winslow Rifle????? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:07 PM
Cruisers

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Endgame?

My endgame is information. Reviewed all I've found so far and still don't have any production numbers or production dates.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:41 AM
loader4570
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live not too far from where they were made. Little shop now a so so lgs. they were very gaudy and over the top. Seen a few in person and they are even more so
Old 11-23-2020, 07:04 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisers View Post
My endgame is information. Reviewed all I've found so far and still don't have any production numbers or production dates.
I doubt you'll find production numbers or serial to date cross reference Cruisers. A small boutique custom firearm manufacturer only in business for 23 years. Once the principals passed the records probably ended up in somebody's garage and eventually got thrown away.

Here are some snips from Bluebook of Guns on Winslow. Note: prices shown often don't have much relation to actual market pricing.

Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snip1.JPG (98.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg snip2.JPG (61.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg snip3.JPG (63.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-23-2020, 09:21 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BIL wanted to see my 10 yr old bluebook for pricing a rifle.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:41 AM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Besides some of us are just not Google talented!
That's pretty sad considering all you need to know is how to operate a keyboard.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:47 AM
LtCrunch

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Ha Al! In the old days pre-internet that's all we had but I sure don't trust Blue Book pricing now. Completed sales on Gun Broker are a lot more accurate for most production firearms.

These Winslows are different though. Very limited production, current sales are few and far between and the degree of customization from mild to wild makes pricing a case by case basis.

Interesting thread.

Frank
Old 11-23-2020, 06:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Does anyone know who’s receiver they used?

Back in those days one of the best receivers was an FN Belgium Mauser receiver. A lot of custom companies used those. I wonder if that is what they used as a base.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:05 AM
LtCrunch

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
From the Blue Book excerpt posted above M2HB. "offered with various actions, FN Supreme, Mark X Mauser, Rem. 700 and 788, Sako, and Win. 70"
Old 11-24-2020, 08:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I didn’t read the Blue Book info above.
I think the FN Supreme action would be hard to beat. Some real nice rifles were made on those actions.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:30 PM
RC4600

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have to jump in on the discussion because I am a fan of the Winslow Rifles. Most of all I am a fan of firearms history and firearms; and they (along with Weatherby )were a part. The so called California Style had it's following, almost a cult following for Winslow. Even though they started down here in FL, Sarasota area as I remember, they definitely embraced that rogue style. Most of their rifles I have seen were built on FN Mausers and Douglas barrels and were the 'tamer style' of what they offered. I always wanted one, never bought one, I would have sold it anyway, since my personal taste is classic. That design is comfortable to shoulder, fun to look at, but brutal to shoot in magnum calibers and hard to pack.

To give you an idea of popularity, we made (composite glass) stocks for 30 years and offered Wby. and Rogue (winslow) styles in hunting rifles, along with a standard classics. We sold about 90% classic. I was influenced by Winslow, I must admit. Great workmanship and a high 'cool' factor for a young guy, I was young back then. I think [email protected] (maybe Jason?) can give you production #'s, pretty low though, since they didn't have Wby following or $. I would guess they are a pretty hard sell these days.