Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:28 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
RICO's "fat sporter" .750

well,

thought i'd get started as the bbl may be here in a few more days. in the mean while got to working on the stock that will be used.

one coat of hi-gloss tung so far.

sanded the butt to within a hair to fit the shiny alum plate. took off all the
existing finish down to bare wood. cut off the band area and tried to kinda duplicate the factory look. with the 17" bbl, i think the shortened stock,
( by 1.75" ) will look just right. have already started to open up the channel using a .75" dowel wrapped with adhesive 180 grit paper. yup, was pretty busy today, and had some fun.

worked on the receiver and was a sumbeach. i think i know why it was put up for sale. spent a coupla hours getting it smoothed out the way i like them.
my fingers are so sore from sanding, polishing, putting the bolt in, out, in, out,
i cant even clean my nose, LOL.

next is the TG. altho' it breaks right at a tad over 3 #'s, want it down by another pound +. may get a VQ hammer and work that. a bit of polishing to do on the usual parts, but no prob there.

still need to decide what color to paint all three main parts to have a nice match. sometimes its a lot easier to go with SS, but thought i'd try something diff and go blued. LOL, what?? no shine?? ha ha ha,

hopefully in about a week will be all set up and start blasting with some cheap ammo. got 7 boxes of sk std + but will save that for the serious shooting.
still dont know how the "oasis" will affect anything.

anyway gang, till the next up-date,

rico....

Old 01-24-2007, 04:02 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well,

went to ace-is-da-place today looking for a suitable color to paint the TG, receiver, and in-coming .750 bbl.

you know how the can says" cap indicates color and sheen" ??

NOT!!!!

got a can of navy blue going by the color of the cap.

NOT!!!.........even close, LOL. maybe a royal blue but none to be had.

anyway, used some krylon "fusion" in *satin black* painted the TG and receiver so far and is looking pretty good. has just a bit of sheen which is what i wanted. some day will look for something of a blue-black color. till then
am satisfied for now, LOL.

will post some pics later.

rico....

Old 01-24-2007, 06:09 PM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sounds good so far Rico lets see some pics ,so that reciever was a ruff one where did you get it ? from a sponcer or a priviate buy ?
earth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
okay then, for you earth, LOL,

nuttin fancy compared to my other pimped out set ups, or others here. decided to try a diff route and go black. all i need is the bbl . as i mentioned, krylon fusion semi black. has just a bit of sheen that i wanted. should look pretty good in the "nutter" that needs a few more coats of "tung" oil, which is in process.

the receiver i got here on the *for sale* forum, private buyer and was a good price, no complaints. seems like the previous owner had a lot of stove pipes as the ejection port was kinda dinged up. opened that up with the dremel and polished. a bunch of other probs that come with a factory receiver. got all that taken care of. nice and slick now.

now for the bbl...................cant wait to paint that and assemble. LOL, ALMOST like putting together an "ULTI", but with "factory" parts. this is way too much fun. cant wait to shoot it from the "OASIS", LOL,

rico....

Old 01-24-2007, 09:48 PM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
paint job looks good Rico did you bake it on like I have heard done or is it just a spray and pray it holds up ?..I know the the paint I used on my bolt release didnt hold up like I hope it would but its all good
earth
Old 01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
earth,

this is a trial "spray and pray", hope it dont scratch off thingee. not too concerned at this time as far as longevity. just wanted to see what it would "look" like for now. if i have to will get something more durable.

rico....

Old 01-25-2007, 04:22 PM
AK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thant looks good Rico, the paint job and stock!! Krylon paint eh, may have to try some of that out. I know what you mean by the spray and pray deal, if this last one doesn't hold up I'll take it down to bare metal again and go another route.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
AK,

thanks,

found out today that altho' the krylon works well on plastic as well as metal and it dries really fast, it should set for a while. tried to do more polishing inside the receiver and ended up with finger prints on the paint. re-painted a few more coats and will let it "cure" for a few days. i get xcited when it comes to painting stuff, just hate when i have to do it over cuz of my impatience. LOL.

rico....

Old 01-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
Lookin' good RiCo......

Keep up the good work..
Old 01-25-2007, 10:21 PM
AK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yeah Rico. I have a fingerprint on the right side of a triggerguard. I have no patience when it comes to letting things dry!!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:35 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
hay chromie,

i should call this build my POI dog. loosely translated = mixed up, diff breeds that no one knows what is what and has no "papers". kinda like a mish mash of throw together parts.

the only part that i am certain of is the bbl from GM. not here yet

the stock came from a member maybe minnesota.
receiver also from a member, maybe wisconsin.
TG from missoura.
butt plate, cant remember.

BUT, ALL the parts came from somewhere cold, like they belong here. kinda weird or de ja vu.

it's not like i got a complete gun off the rack in a shop.

hopefully when all the seperate parts meld together, it will be a shooter.

but i think this is the "ultimate" SS'er. cant get more mis-matched than this, LOL, and each and every part has been worked over to my liking, even the bbl will be painted.

rico....

Old 01-25-2007, 10:39 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
AK,

i really hate that. the can says, "dry to the touch" or sumpin like that. little do they know how hard i touch, LOL, even after a few hours. dont work that way.
this time will let it sit for a few days, but will still be "checking" it out, LOL.

rico....

Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 PM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
yup I hate waiting for paint to dry cant tell you how many times I had to repaint something because I touch too soon
earth
Old 01-25-2007, 10:55 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
ever see the sign that says "DRY PAINT"??

dont believe it!! LOL.

rico....

Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 AM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just wish more people wouold put out wet paint signs..if theres wet paint with in a 100yards of me I will find some way to get it on me .when I get dressed in the morning I have to figure if I want to wear the pants with the white, brown,or black paint on them
earth