The Watering Hole 1-20-20 - Page 16 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 08:57 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)

Will be up at 4am to meet at our Church and leave for New Bern for our next Disaster Relief adventure at 5:30am, rather than camping in the Host Church the spouse insisted I get a room. Its only a half mile from were everyone else is staying and I'll have a nice comfortable room with space for my Nebulizer and other gear and a nice hot shower. The Host Church has a Shower Trailer, in cold weather and in the recovery stages of Bronchitis it wasn't hard for her to talk me into it. She's got all her toys arranged around the house so she's good to go. Hoping for a good productive trip with 14 of us going down.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:35 PM
Gigione
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
LAST!

Spent 5 hours upgrading our Windows 7 OS to Windows 10 Professional. Everything went smoothly, if not slowly, with no problems. Now to get used to all this new stuff.

Last but not least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2020, 09:42 PM
Gigione

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Saw the dentist, dental work in my future . Took Xena with us running errands...she was more tired than we were

Good night Frank and All

Old 01-22-2020, 10:36 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigione View Post
Saw the dentist, dental work in my future . Took Xena with us running errands...she was more tired than we were

Good night Frank and All

Once read that dentists had the highest suicidal rate of all medical professionals.
Everyone hates them.
I wear out our 9 year old Dane on our mile walk along the creek regularly, hes the best dog ever.
Got my latest blood work panel results today, liver looked so good I decided to treat it to some good Bourbon.........lucked into 2 bottles of Wellers ;-)

Good Night All

Rich
Old 01-22-2020, 10:48 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Early bed time for me tonight. Waiting for some jeans to dry. Seems like it is taking a long time. My new uniform is Wranglers, dress shirt and dress shoes. If not too cold, navy sport coat. Cold like now, heavy wool coat. Retired.

Good to see Sophia posting more.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, RickJ, Gigi, Gerald, AZ, IHMS, jnyork, COW, Ranger, Atonic, Brent, OldDave, Mike, Rock, dlong, M92, Hawkeye, wr, Dean, Phil, Tex, Wayne, Greggie, CMR, Mikey, JV, Carrij, Squirrel, Ground, koonta, Alec, 404, 1917, GP, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 01-22-2020, 11:17 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mayor; you wear pointed cowboy boots so you can kill cockroaches in the corners like Splatz does? Which begs the ?, do you have palmetto bugs, the gargantuan roaches to practice shooting at when you don't want to grease up your fancy boots with bug goo?
Old 01-22-2020, 11:38 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
Once read that dentists had the highest suicidal rate of all medical professionals.
Everyone hates them.
I wear out our 9 year old Dane on our mile walk along the creek regularly, hes the best dog ever.
Got my latest blood work panel results today, liver looked so good I decided to treat it to some good Bourbon.........lucked into 2 bottles of Wellers ;-)

Good Night All

Rich
I really like my hubby&wife dental team. They go over the line to satisfy my dental needs.

Took a cruise to St Vinnys today and got stuck behind an NMU semi for student drivers. He drove ok thru 2 roundabouts but sheesh it was like a baby race at nap time. Got what I wanted almost @ St Vinnys including an ice box for the back. Major score as they are 450 new and mine was free. Got two coffee mugs also with the outward curled lip on em for less dripping down the side of the cup. No go on the nut chopper in the big jar. Pretty clean and well run place compared to years back.

Took a spin out to the Island and the city plowed the launch parking lot and pushed it all into one long pile in front of the launch ramps making em useless for launching boats with conditions permitting. No sense to it other than you people can't use it unless you pay and they aren't in the business till spring. Dang anal opening city.

In other news a 17 yr old was rescued from thin ice on Superior yesterday, 40 miles E @ Munising, when the ice began cracking around him 50 yds from the dock. Rescue unit handled it well and the yute was treated for exposure before pops took him home.

92m was the longest jump today with jumpers from @ least 3 counties and folks from all over this country.

Snowing @ 22˚
Old 01-22-2020, 11:42 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Crazy busy at work. Not a lot of free time these days. Chinese New Year is just around the corner. Need time to slow things down and take a break.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:50 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post

Good Night All

Rich
Good score on the Wellers. Have been pursuing a bottle of Wellers for a year to no avail. I have heard of only 2 bottles even being available locally in the last year and they only lasted a matter of minutes once put on the shelf.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:02 AM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Good score on the Wellers. Have been pursuing a bottle of Wellers for a year to no avail. I have heard of only 2 bottles even being available locally in the last year and they only lasted a matter of minutes once put on the shelf.
The depot in South Haven had one left today............Good Luck

Rich
Old 01-23-2020, 12:48 AM
JVStalin

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Smile Can I play , too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
NASA wants you to help name the next Mars rover.

https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/01/2...rs-2020-rover/

Results of the poll will be one of the factors considered in their selection. Poll closes Monday. You can vote here:

https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/parti...ame-the-rover/

Rover MacRover Face ???
Old 01-23-2020, 01:24 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Glad to see you've got the stamina to do the 'upgrade'(?), Shirley! I'm still playing luddite in that sense, knowing the world is well aware of my every move already, regardless of any geezer antic(s) I may choose.
--

Gave Rock Auto some bidness earlier. I escaped the 'caw' trouble difficulties being experienced by others recently, but the bride didn't. Could have ya thinking Pachinko Fizzik's.. or something. Mostly its just a simple thing of her having major bad luck w/anything mechanical. Prolly whot she saw in marrying a guy w/a mechanical bent.. or sumpin'. Guns are internal combustion devises too, if you've not thot about it. Shall have it rectified shortly and move on. It ain't the first time, but I'd rather not B reminded of them inconveniences; they go back over a half century! Stuff happens, but it happens to some more than others. Glad I can still sort it out correctly, repair it and not have to be at the mercy of others to remedy the problem, even if I am a bit old to be still in the practice. Once ya move past all the modern solid state politically driven [in some cases] and flat out distractive stuff protecting us from ourselves, ya still gots the basics that allow internal and external combustion devises to make noise or steam and move forward.

Big slot cars have even become realities for some, but they are 'lectric and the batts don't last forever and you can't charge them off the grid.. w/o a wind farm of yer own. Its an altogether dif. tilt, that. And fuel cells are yet to make a dent, but they may yet.

Bank on it.

I lurve that folks who can and do defeat all of it building metallic blue & pink low riders that boink as an affront to convention, on garbage truck hydraulics.. posturing, as it were, in ridiculous positions as they porpoise at low speed blasting Tejano tunes proximate to taco stands or other roadside attractions and sellers of jumping beans. Sadly, none were present in last week's 25th 'Menudo Bowl' held in Laredo were the moneys generated are used to fund the Crime Stopper's rewards for the city each year. Tripe that for a thot(!), if ya can. None of it is remotely my deal, but its fun nonetheless and none has topped the quality of a roadside fish taco stand found proximate to Ensenada.. when Baja bound. Viva Cabo(!).. or something.

Its close to midnight.. and its cold and wet out there. Dream up whot you wish to not think about it.

I can't find a single historical ref. that ties Caesar to ever having had an interest in salads, but I still like them.

And to the next Mars rover; I'd name it 'Curious'.. or 'home run', based on a scientific perspective or employer, of course, but I'd question the charges for croutons either way.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:46 AM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
I can't find a single historical ref. that ties Caesar to ever having had an interest in salads, but I still like them.
Quote:
Google Says:
Named after Caesar Cardini, the Italian-born restaurateur who invented it in 1924
I have a good dentist. Nice guy. Hate going to him.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:28 AM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My vote for lunar Rover name is we are here to take your land.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2020, 06:31 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Mayor; you wear pointed cowboy boots so you can kill cockroaches in the corners like Splatz does? Which begs the ?, do you have palmetto bugs, the gargantuan roaches to practice shooting at when you don't want to grease up your fancy boots with bug goo?
Yes, but not as bad a FL. Didn't until Wifey started doing so much gardening. They are not as bad after we did addition. Got rid of some much shrubbery. They loved hiding in it. Also, Bayer around the house and spray under in crawl space gets everything.

28 [up from earlier 27]. Fair. Suppose to be the last below freezing morning for a while.

Off to Human Services Board.

Enjoy the day.