Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:42 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tactical Solutions Axiom

I know some people on this forum have mentioned this suppressor, but I have to tell you there hasn't been enough positive reviews .When I was waiting my nine months to receive this suppressor I tried to research and look up different reviews mainly outside this forum and saw a fair amount of negative ones. I got a little nervous, but I have to tell you this suppressor has exceeded my expectations .It's so quite I can shoot right in my backyard .There is no first-round pop .There has been little change with point of impact using standard velocity CCI ammo .As far as cleaning goes nothing could be easier soak the baffles and sleeve in some degreaser from Home Depot and they come out sparkling clean .No need for a Tumblr or ultrasonic cleaner like alot of reviews have stated. I don't even need to use a nylon brush after hundreds of rounds honestly I don't know how you could make a better suppressor it even comes with a nice case that holds a tool to remove the end. Anybody on the fence about this suppressor should buy it I don't see how it could be any better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170126_162258.jpg (511.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-02-2017, 12:52 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I even made a small target stand and added some 3/16 ar400 steel .At 50 yards there is no pitting whatsoever it makes a great sound .The surrounding wood holding it together hasn't had too many fragments cutting into it .Although I think I'm going to add some thin steel to line it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170202_102232.jpg (605.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20170202_120842.jpg (544.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-02-2017, 05:11 PM
TT92
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I like your target stand. And I love my Axiom, too!

Seems that not very many people really know squat about the Axiom. Instead, they read some reviews about TacSol's lower-end suppressors or the older models from years ago, and they translate those reviews to the newer Axiom. The Axiom is in another league from the rest of TacSol's line.

I've shot my Axiom alongside Sparrows, Elements, Masks, and a few other rimfire cans. I can't discern any practical difference among them. And like you said, cleaning is a breeze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2017, 05:38 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My buddies got the AAC element 2 and I feel it's not even as quiet as the Axiom very close but still not quite as quiet .He doesn't have the inter sleeve so removing the baffles is more difficult and the baffles are stainless steel not titanium. I do challenge anyone to find a better suppressor than the Axiom. It's funny online there's a guy who talks about cleaning the Axiom he tumbles all the parts in stainless steel media for 24 hours using water and dish detergent then he puts the baffles in the oven for a half hour to dry them then he soaks them in silicon for several hours .When I saw this tutorial I got nervous .He states you're going to need about $300 worth of equipment I found for me all I need is some $10 degreaser and a half hour soaking and they come out looking brand new not sure why that guy feels the need to clean his the way he does I now have over 600 rounds through my Axiom and I couldn't be happier
Old 02-03-2017, 09:13 AM
catbird

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
Anybody on the fence about this suppressor should buy it I don't see how it could be any better
Love mine, although shooting more than 200 rounds between cleanings makes it a tougher job to clean. I suspect that is the case with any 22 can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2017, 05:54 PM
TheDoublr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
I even made a small target stand and added some 3/16 ar400 steel .At 50 yards there is no pitting whatsoever it makes a great sound .The surrounding wood holding it together hasn't had too many fragments cutting into it .Although I think I'm going to add some thin steel to line it
Backyard envy... looks great man!
Old 01-30-2018, 02:02 PM
RWA007

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know this is an older thread but I have a 1 year update on my Axiom...I received it (after waiting 13 months...they lost my paperwork...but refunded my $200 stamp fee because of that... ) almost a year ago on 1/24/2017. (ordered 12/2/15).

I did the oven and silicone pretreatment to it before using. After the first 250 round (1 week or so) I cleaned it...and it literally took paper towels to wipe it down. I then silicone treated it again. Fast forward to TODAY...750 rounds and almost a full year of use later (1/29/2018). It disassembled easily, and using nothing more than a brass brush, stainless brush and some brake cleaner and a small screwdriver (to easily chip off the big chunks that the little wire brush missed at first), it looks brand new again. The big, thick parts of the buildup chipped off extremely easily and went right down to the titanium with no residue left over.
It is in the oven right now getting the pre-treatment done again since it worked so good!

Very impressed with this suppressor. Looks good, works good, cleans easily.

I have 5 hosts that I use it on: An M&P15-22, 2 dedicated AR-22's, a bolt 22 and a ruger pistol. The 22's have become my favorite guns!
Old 01-30-2018, 04:49 PM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I was looking at the Dead Air Mask, which is famous for not having a first round pop. Has anyone done a comparison between the Axiom and the Mask?
Old 02-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Bullpup-one

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The Axiom is very durable and quite quiet, cleans up well too. I added a GEMTECH 22 QDA to it and share it between hosts with no POI change