July 2020 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-12-2020, 03:56 PM
PuddleJumper65
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelbark View Post
Puddle Jumper, That's 245-7X. Pretty good score
Hey, what's that squirrel warning beacon on the end of your barrel?
Lol isnít that pretty
Old 07-12-2020, 03:56 PM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yep...... nice target there PJ. Looks like you are gonna like that rifle. And like some of the other new to us shooters........... a scoring plug is your friend.

Please go back and edit you post to correct the score and use this format. It just makes it easier to sort the results at the end of the month. Thanks.

07/04/ 20
250-15X
Yankee Doodle Dandy
CZ 457 American, Weaver V-24, Eley Tennex
Caldwell Tack Driver
Temps in high 70s under cloudy skies with modest winds.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:21 PM
PuddleJumper65
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There fixed,
I used a scoring plug but if itís close as I said last month I score it down for I never want to be acused of cheating,
You guys take care and good shooting,

PJ
Old 07-12-2020, 04:26 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
PJ...... not sure what you did but your post isn't showing at all now. Please go back and see if you can get it back up.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:23 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
puddle jumper , go ahead and post your target again. I know it is at least a 245.
I don't want to be the only cheater in this match so go ahead and repost your target.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:44 AM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Puddle jumper, the above post was completely facetious. but seriously, we do want you to repost your Target because it's a really good score for a first try.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:39 AM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Be it the shutdown, the heat or individual circumstances, things have really gotten slow here. When things get this slow, people's minds tend to wander into things like barrel cleaning with adult beverages or maybe they just lose interest. I'll makd a suggestion for all to see if we can get a little meaningful conversation going.

As everyone knows, we are allowed 4 targets per month per rifle and we post our best target for the record. For the time being, I say we post any target we shoot for everyone to see and comment on. This may generate some conversations and advise which may make us all better shooters. The cavet here is, DO NOT use the format mentioned on the first page for reporting targets until you know which one is your best for the month. Once you have shot your targets for the month, go back and EDIT THE POST of your BEST TARGET by adding the appropriate information above the picture of the target. Also add above the informaton "OFFICIAL ENTRY" so hopefully I won't miss it when it comes to tabulation. If, later on when our numbers get back to normal, this gets too cumbersome we can always revert back to just posting the best for the onth.

Any and all comments on this are welcome, yea or nay.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:02 AM
Appalachained

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
Be it the shutdown, the heat or individual circumstances, things have really gotten slow here. When things get this slow, people's minds tend to wander into things like barrel cleaning with adult beverages or maybe they just lose interest. I'll makd a suggestion for all to see if we can get a little meaningful conversation going.

As everyone knows, we are allowed 4 targets per month per rifle and we post our best target for the record. For the time being, I say we post any target we shoot for everyone to see and comment on. This may generate some conversations and advise which may make us all better shooters. The cavet here is, DO NOT use the format mentioned on the first page for reporting targets until you know which one is your best for the month. Once you have shot your targets for the month, go back and EDIT THE POST of your BEST TARGET by adding the appropriate information above the picture of the target. Also add above the informaton "OFFICIAL ENTRY" so hopefully I won't miss it when it comes to tabulation. If, later on when our numbers get back to normal, this gets too cumbersome we can always revert back to just posting the best for the onth.

Any and all comments on this are welcome, yea or nay.
I’m a newbie, but that sounds good to me. That will keep things moving. I’m going to rescore my first targets now that I have a plug. I have a feeling they might be my best for the month. I have a couple more chances with each rifle. I also got some ammo to test with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F99450EC-4859-4FD4-A025-6182FBE5A392_1594818103572.jpg (463.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-15-2020, 08:40 AM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Sounds good App. I think you will like the results with the plug.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:22 AM
Pastprime
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (124)
Posting targets not for monthly competition

Just throwing this out for consideration and comments. How would you feel about folks posting pictures of targets shot with CZ's that do not qualify for the match. I know some folks have MTR's, AT-ONE's and others rifles that have been modified so that they are not legal for the match. I'm always interested in seeing how well or not any CZ shoots and I'd have no issue with these folks posting a picture of their USBR50 targets knowing they are not eligible for consideration in the match results. I know more expensive rifle should shoot really well, but I think some of the older rifles shot in these matches would make some folks wonder whether all that money they spent was worth it....

What do you think???

Hank
Old 07-15-2020, 10:26 AM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can't get my phone to download my target to Imgur so that I can post it, so just imagine a USBR target here.
As you can see, it is OK but not that great.

Lasttombstone, I think you are right about the weather being a factor too, it is really humid here in NE Arkansas.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:41 AM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
This is a target I shot back on the 10th with the 452 American which is usually my best rifle. I know Squirrelbark has a target already that betters this one but I'll post it just for grins. And maybe on day I will get a tripod for the camera so it doesn't shake so much and take blurry pictures. Maybe that is the reason for the 9s.

This was the second target I shot with the American. The first one was a scratch and I have already scratched one each with the 455 Tacticool and the 452 Silhouette. Maybe I will settle down and be a contender before the end of the month.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:18 AM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hNVjsgBIy...0/eyeglass.jpg
Old 07-15-2020, 11:49 AM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yep........ that's pretty much how I feel lately.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:27 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry about that last post. I just deleted it. This is what I was trying to get posted. Information Superhighway must be very busy today. It took them about 4 hours to put up a photo from my phone.