Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 Ultimate 10-22 Contest Winners

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  DrGunner 
#1 ·
The members have spoken, with 265 votes cast. Congratulations to candyx, Markbo, and doclu60 for taking First, Second, and Third place respectively in the 2014 Ultimate 10-22 Contest!!!
The winners can now display their UotM badges on their profile-

Gold for candyx
Silver for Markbo
Bronze for doclu60

Each rifle will now be voted on individually for entry into the Ultimate 10-22 Hall of Fame sticky in the Ultimates Forum.

First Place: "First 10-22 Build" by candyx

"FIRST 10-22 BUILD":

Rifle Name---------------------Owner---------------Builder

"First 10-22 Build"------------candyx--------------candyx

Build Specifications:

***DIY SCRATCH BUILT RECEIVER, CHARGING HANDLE, ADJUSTABLE COMB, ADJUSTABLE BUTT PAD, GRIP CAP AND STOCK TIP.

RICHARDS MICROFIT PRONE STYLE-TARGET CULBERTSON GRAY LAMINATE ROUGH BLANK
STAINLESS STEEL RECEIVER WITH INTERGRAL PICATINNY RAIL/ CUSTOM MADE
KIDD 22LR FLUTED STAINLESS STEEL RIFLE BULL BARREL 20"/ BREACH AND MUZZLE THREADED/BENTZ CHAMBERED
KIDD BOLT MATTE BLACK
KIDD CHARGING ASSEMBLY
KIDD 2 STAGE TRIGGER 1.5 LB PULL / EXTENDED MAGAZINE RELEASE LEVER
WEAVER SCOPE CLASSIC T SERIES 36X40 1/8 MOA DOT
WARNE MAXIME QUICK DETACH RINGS
CHAMPION SHOOTERS ANSCHUTZ RAIL / HARRIS BIPOD ADAPTER
HARRIS BIPOD
STOCK POSITIONING SYSTEM ADJUSTABLE LOP BUTT PLATE
ADJUSTABLE CHEEK PIECE STAINLESS STEEL/ALUMINUM CUSTOM MADE
ALUMINUM FORARM AND GRIP CAP CUSTOM MADE

Link to the BUILD THREAD:

CLICK HERE

Second Place: "Slade Special Safari Grade" by Markbo:

"Slade Special Safari Grade"

Rifle Name--------------------------Owner---------------Builder

"Slade Special Safari Grade"------Markbo--------------Markbo

Build Specifications:
Volquartsen Superlight Aluminum receiver & bolt group (remember this was pre Kidd)
Ruger Factory Trigger group. Full trigger job at 4lbs. Note standard curved trigger.
GM 20" Blued Octagon Sporter Taper barrel
Homemade magazine
Bushnell 3x9 scope in Weaver rings on Volquartsen base
The action is pillar bedded; barrel free floating with my barrel pad just in front the barrel block. It is a solid ½" shooter with CCI Mini Mag - which is all the accuracy I was trying for. I also had Tuck paint the receiver, scope base, trigger group, barrel and even the scope (all metal surfaces except bolt) with automotive paint in Midnight Black. I told him I wanted the blackest black he could find. I think he did just fine.

CLICK HERE

Third Place: "No Regret" by doclu60:

"NO REGRET":

Rifle Name-----------------------Owner-----------------Builder

"No Regret"----------------------doclu60---------------doclu60

Build Specifications:

Kidd Classic recv'r 10moa with rear tang, threaded by Randy @ CPC
Benchmark barrel blank, slugged, cut, crowned, chambered, finished OD, threaded for above recv'r, and installed by Randy @ CPC. .920od x 19" long.
DIY modified Kidd v-block, clearanced for barrel and red Permatexed with modified block screws for extra bedding area
Kidd silver scallop bolt
Kidd charging assembly with subsonic spring
Kidd bolt buffer
Kidd 2-stage silver trigger, 3/5oz with flat black blade
DIY T-Rex stock, slightly modified with brass front pillar and three part bedding
Weaver T-36 scope in satin nickle Warne Maxima Med QD rings
Weight- a dainty 10-1/2lbs (with sun shade and caps on the T-36)

CLICK HERE

Please check the Ultimate contest forum for separate threads for each rifle. I would like to thank the contestants and members for their participation, and admin plus the other moderators for their unwavering help and support of this year's contest.

Respectfully,

DrGunner

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations to candyx....1st place, and Markbo....2nd place, on the great builds they have shown. Both rifles are very much in the spirit of what 'Ultimate' is.

I would also like to thank the members who voted for 'No Regret'

Sincerely your brother, doclu60

#9 ·
I realized only after we all congratulated each other that I was remiss in not thanking everyone for participating & voting. Thanks everyone for that and for those that made such nice comments. I am humbled and grateful for the praise & truly honored to be a finalist in this from so many incredible builds we have seen on RFC in the last year. And finally....

My best wishes for a safe, prosperous & happy 2015!

#12 ·
Thank you SwampFox. You did the trigger on my first build. People like you and many others on this forum have contributed much to where I landed when I built my last rifle.

This forum has been very rewarding as far as my experience in the gun hobby. I have made some very good friends here. One in particular would be our moderator of the 'Ultimate' sub-forum, DrGunner. His contributions to the sub-forum and his uncompensated and selfless devotion to his task has made this one of the best sub-forums on RFC, and I visit and post on other sub-forums.

Thank you Gunner for your time to run this contest and the moments out of your family life that it takes to moderate our little piece of RFC.

Hope all have had a safe and enjoyable New Years.

As Always, Your Brother.........Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.