Any Toz 35M grip makers here? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 AM
chiburi
US Coast Guard Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Any Toz 35M grip makers here?

I was checking to see if there is anyone on the boards here that have the skills to make a grip out of the unfinished grips that come with some of these Toz 35 free pistols. I see "Larrys" has grips but wanted to check to see what it would take to make the block that came with it a finished grip. Thank you for any direction on this.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:36 PM
stephen_maly

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
grip for TOZ-35M

If it were I, I'd buy a set of grips from Thomas Rink in Germany. I am only guessing here, but I'd expect them to be no more expensive than finishing the roughed-in grips which came with the TOZ. It would just save a lot of time looking for a grip carver. Also, Rink grips fit humans quite well. Carving free pistol grips requires a lot of know how. I personally would not take a chance on someone carving them unless they had considerable experience. There would have been a number of very competent carvers in the old Soviet Union who made custom grips for high level shooters using TOZ-35's.