CM-2 Home & Inspected w/details ... VOSTOK from CDNN & Digital Camera Recommendations - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:17 PM
white house
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CM-2 Home and Inspected w/details

I picked my $299 CM-2 from the FFL in IL this morning. It came from cdnn. Details:
Stock forend has "1100" imprinted at end.
There is a slide rail from 1-11cm graduations underneath
Bolt Arm has "1100" imprinted and bolt is all silver with 3 ring grooves in bolt bulb.
Receiver has "Made in USSR VOSTOK YPAA M-1100" and beds flat on top of inside stock channel cut out for it. There are serrations in receiver bed and upon stock where the metal bedding is imprinted on the wood. There are 3 receiver screws, two going through the trigger guard assembly (one steel piece) into receiver bottom and one going through top of back of bolt sleeve (end) into mating receiver (bottom behind trigger guard). There is a "459" number stamped on bottom of receiver hidden by stock.
Barrel is 26" and completely free floating. Wood to metal fit is perfect with a little space between all abutments.
Bolt has 3 rear locking lugs equilaterally spaced and machined to fit evenly and snug when bolt is locked on cartridge.
There is no corrosion or rust or discoloration of any metal anywhere. Bluing is even and deep shiny black from front sight and muzzle (not crown-crown is silver and shiny and recessed perfectly by visual and magnified inspection) to end of receiver where it beds (tang of bolt sleeve area) in hand grip.
Stock is cut checkered with palm swell and on forearm. Stock has no cracks or splits or any sign of trauma with receiver. All receiver screws screw in evenly and to same tightness without any effort until bedded.
Buttplate is a 3 piece affair; an inner steel insert blank that is screwed into stock butt, aluminum base screwed into blank, moving (sliding) aluminum butt-plate with rubber at end. Lands and grooves are 6. Lands appear to have ridges upon contact surfaces in addition to contact plane (designed by rifling tool for purchase upon bullet side surfaces). Chamber has no evidence of firing ring ahead of case (as is most often seen in most chambers where cartridges have been fired).
Buttplate has "1100" imprinted top side, has knurled adj knob on right side for butt adjustment. Rubber pad on heel of buttplate.
Sights: UEHA 1 WE AYKA HR 50 -2.5CM
Underside of barrel has "CM2 .22LR KNOX TN"

Sights mount on left side rail. I boresighted the sights and had to make only some windage adjustments.

Bore is perfect. Crown is perfect. A lever on left side releases the bolt from action.
I will post shots fired when I get around to it...

Last edited by aom22; 08-03-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Restore Original Title
Old 08-02-2008, 01:25 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by white house View Post
I will post shots fired when I get around to it...
How about some pictures of your rifle?
Old 08-02-2008, 02:56 PM
white house
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I need to get a camera (digital) and know how to use it on close-ups. Then I need to find out how to post the pics! Can anyone suggest a good digital camera? I have been meaning to get one and post pics of all my rimfires at some point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2008, 11:27 PM
MG-70

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I've just been shopping for cameras. A couple of good, inexpensive options are Canon A-series (A580, A590IS, etc.) and Lumix (Panasonic) DMC LZ8 and LZ10; all priced from US$134-$190. My last one was a Canon A560 which was basic, but good.

I'm also curious to see pics.

Congratulations on a seemingly very nice gun!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:03 AM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SONY Cyber-shot® Digital Camera DSC-W200

I feel you pain ...

I use (when my wife lets me) a SONY:
Cyber-shot® Digital Camera DSC-W200 - 12.1 megapixel, REFURBISHED $276.99

Obsolete by SONY standards.

Replaced by the:
Cyber-shot® Digital Camera DSC-W300 - 13.6 megapixel, Retail $349.99

Very easy to use camera, great photos.

However, my wife says ... the Cannon Rebel series maybe better - easier to use, less complicated
Somehow, I doubt it.
You still need to be a computer geek to set your PC up to interface with the camera.
Fortunately for me, my wife is very knowledgeable - and impatient with me.

Last edited by aom22; 08-03-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Modify Text