Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:01 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
Uh, you can pick up a CZ trainer from whittaker's for $217.
I don't know where you are getting your "twice as much" figures from.
You don't need to buy an American or Varmint to get a good CZ.
Very true. My Special shoots as well as its higher priced stable mates, and cost $210 (or something like that) in November 2003.

Nevadany, that Zastava rifle is a good looking rifle - I'd be happy too.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:59 AM
nevadany
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
i wish i could find a trainer/special for $210. im sure online i could, but after shipping and FFL....i might come within $10 to $20 lower than buying local. if thats the case, i will spent the extra amount to:

1) support my local shop
2) pick out my rifle

the Trainer i am getting is from a local shop and the price is $249.99, so it will be about $270 out the door. My Zastava, from CDNN with scope deal, cost me $175 to get into my hands. i bought 2 and split everything down the center with a buddy of mine, so that helped reduce the cost of shipping and we got a combination deal on the FFL. At that price, it is a really attractive rifle and makes up for some of its faults...mainly the stock needing to be refinished.

thanks for the comment on my Zastava, it is a pretty nice rifle and a great shooter also!

DW
Old 12-15-2006, 10:44 AM
natman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Hello,

I have a 28" CZ Ultra Lux and a Chas Daily Field Grade SS bolt action 22LR. In NO WAY are they similar in accuracy. The Field Grade was made in the Phillippeans (?Spelling, sorry) and is an great gun for hunting small game. I got a dealers demo model for $165 and with a $40 Simmons 3X9X40 scope I think it is terrific for what I use it for.

The CZ is used for Target shooting in local competition at my local club. It is way better than any of my custom guns, right out of the box.

If the prices are close, get the CZ, any CZ....

Regards,
Steve
The CD Field Grade made in the Philippines is yet another gun. The CZ 452 is made in the Czech Republic. The Charles Daly Superior II was made in Serbia. They are three different guns made by three different companies, even though two of them were marketed by Charles Daly.