Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:08 PM
Tailwheel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
ZKM-611

so Iíve been wanting one of these for a while and may break down and start the hunt for one. Who has one and what do you like about them? Reliable, accuracy etc? Tell me about them. Talk me out of it. What are the differences in the 611 and 611a?

Thanks

Patrick
Old 09-30-2019, 09:45 PM
BRNO/CZluvr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I really can't tell you anything about the 611a, but the 611 is very accurate and reliable. It does breakdown. They are supposed to be one of the best .22mag semiautomatic rifles ever made. That is only what I have heard. You can do a search for both 611/611a, should get lots of info.I really love mine. Best of luck on your hunt. I would put a ad in the trading post.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 AM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNO/CZluvr View Post
I really can't tell you anything about the 611a, but the 611 is very accurate and reliable. It does breakdown. They are supposed to be one of the best .22mag semiautomatic rifles ever made. That is only what I have heard. You can do a search for both 611/611a, should get lots of info.I really love mine. Best of luck on your hunt. I would put a ad in the trading post.
Thanks for your thoughts. Once i've completed my research i may post an ad in the trading post.

My desire for one of these prior to this post has been based on looks alone. They are great looking rifles. However, I'd like to hope that its function is on par with its appearance.

Thanks again!

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2019, 07:22 AM
izhm

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
What breakdowns have you had with your 611 ?
Old 10-01-2019, 07:50 AM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by izhm View Post
He means that the gun is a "takedown" model. Meaning it can come apart for transport/storage.

Thanks,

Patrick
Old 10-01-2019, 08:16 AM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailwheel View Post
so I’ve been wanting one of these for a while and may break down and start the hunt for one. Who has one and what do you like about them? Reliable, accuracy etc? Tell me about them. Talk me out of it. What are the differences in the 611 and 611a?

Thanks
Tailwheel, no need to research further. Just go ahead an buy one when you find a nice 611. You WILL be highly impressed with the gun. The build quality puts me in mind of a quality centerfire semi-auto or something of that nature. Makes a 10/22 feel like it's made of pot metal.

A couple of photos to further the enabling...

Magazines are expensive, as in $125-$150 and more. One of the members here was offering some of the ones from Denny's estate for $60 a week or two ago if you can locate that post and if he still has them. A quick search didn't produce the post for me, but perhaps you can locate it.

Last edited by I6turbo; 10-01-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:03 AM
BRNO/CZluvr

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by izhm View Post
Sorry, it breaks down into two pieces. One of my favorite guns.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:07 AM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I6turbo,

that is an awesome example of a fine rifle.

I was afraid someone would post as much.

Patrick
Old 10-01-2019, 12:57 PM
BrnoForFun
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
J&G has a couple 611's amongst the Denny stuff their posting

https://www.jgsales.com/advanced_sea...words=brno+611

J&G has been putting up BRNO rifles from Dennys estate they say, there are a couple of 611 rifles at the link above. Not sure the difference between their 611 and 611A but they list both.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:05 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Denny was not impressed with the later 611A, he thought it had too many shortcuts in manufacturing process. Of the two, his recommendation was the 611 is more desirable. Especially if the 611A .17HMR model was involved.

BTW, if your 611A has been a good rifle to you, no offense intended. I hope it continues to impress.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.r. guerra in s. texas View Post
Denny was not impressed with the later 611A, he thought it had too many shortcuts in manufacturing process. Of the two, his recommendation was the 611 is more desirable. Especially if the 611A .17HMR model was involved.

BTW, if your 611A has been a good rifle to you, no offense intended. I hope it continues to impress.
Thanks for this insight.

Patrick
Old 10-02-2019, 07:32 PM
BRNO/CZluvr

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
As far as price goes. There are a few for sale on Gunbroker. They all around 1k. I personally believe that is too much for a 611. I feel a realistic price should range from 700 to 850 dollars. Maybe more with fantastic wood. Some do have beautiful wood. Check with Colt Howard who is selling Denny's estate. I'm sure he has some for sale.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:43 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
As far as price goes. There are a few for sale on Gunbroker. They all around 1k. I personally believe that is too much for a 611. I feel a realistic price should range from 700 to 850 dollars. Maybe more with fantastic wood. Some do have beautiful wood. Check with Colt Howard who is selling Denny's estate. I'm sure he has some for sale.
I checked with Colt. He doesnít have any. Iíve located a few online Iím watching. We will see. I really need to take a few months off from buying. Or sell some stuff I donít use.

Patrick
Old 10-03-2019, 10:49 AM
jes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Although I'm not a die hard 22 mag fan, I am a huge Brno fan. I have owned one 611 and was impressed. I also owned one HK 300, I was very impressed with both rifles. Both were very well built, very reliable and accurate. Just thought I'd throw that out there, if you are looking for an out of production semi-auto 22 mag, you might consider an HK as well, if the opportunity presents. I'd rank them pretty close, but I do have limited experience with them. Not trying to talk you out of a 611 though.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes View Post
Although I'm not a die hard 22 mag fan, I am a huge Brno fan. I have owned one 611 and was impressed. I also owned one HK 300, I was very impressed with both rifles. Both were very well built, very reliable and accurate. Just thought I'd throw that out there, if you are looking for an out of production semi-auto 22 mag, you might consider an HK as well, if the opportunity presents. I'd rank them pretty close, but I do have limited experience with them. Not trying to talk you out of a 611 though.
I had an HK addiction years ago and have my coin now. I'm afraid to go look.

Thanks for the info, i'll check it out!

Patrick