94/22 Dates Of Manufacture - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-16-2005, 05:59 PM
gn luver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Hi Gobbleforge,Thanks for sharing a very painful experience,its helps me not to get so wrapped up in material things by putting life in a proper perspective.My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.Gn Luver Max W.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. My goal was not to bring sorrow. This is the holliday season and we should be joyfull. Time slowly puts more good days between the bad ones and the demons are mine to bear alone. So be it. As for the gun, I never thought much was special when we bought it but I have never been able to find any info on it. Your tip that it was a special run makes sense. I didn' know the JK number was different from the norm. I didn't know Winchester could be called for info. This thread was a great idea. Thanks. Brad
Old 12-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gobblerforge..
Brad..
One wold like to think that this thread might have been started for a specific reason!!
Happy Holiday!
Regards, Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 08:59 PM
toivo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackz
Would you know any links to the "Jake" so that we could see the specs on it. I found CDNN's site but they don't even mention firearms...maybe I didn't click on the right link??
CDNN website is here:

http://cdnn.powerfulhosting.com/

Go to "long guns/lever action/Winchester." The special-run case colored 9422's are on the second page of Winchester lever guns. CDNN doesn't sell the Jakes gun--they have their own special-run model.

The "Jakes" 9422 was a 2001 commemorative for the National Wild Turkey Federation. It looks like N%%% still has some for sale at this link:

Jakes 9422 Auction

Last edited by toivo; 12-17-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:27 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You folks are amazing. Toivo, the auction you linked said "Edition size, 1,900".
My serial # is 108XX. Would they have started the run with #10,000? How does this work? Anyone? Anyone? Ferris? Ferris? By the way, I'm pretty sure I paid about 500 or so when I bought it. I actualy considered the one for sale. Price seamed prety good to me. How does limited run guns do for collectability? OK I know mine is not quite stock any more but I could always use another. I think I still have a slot or two in the safe wasting air. Someone interested? Cool gun . Brad
Old 12-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
toivo..(Finder of odd and curios things! )

Thank you for the links. I have just e-mailed NTF, asking what a "Jake" is all about.

Regards, Jack

Last edited by Jackz; 12-17-2005 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 12-17-2005, 03:03 PM
toivo

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobblerforge
...the auction you linked said "Edition size, 1,900".
My serial # is 108XX. Would they have started the run with #10,000?
That's possible--you never know, they might start all limited run serial numbers with a "1" or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackz
Thank you for the links. I have just e-mailed NTF, asking what a "Jake" is all about.
Let us know what you find out. My guess is that they use it for fundraisers, like the NRA "Gun of the Year." They sell it to their chapters, and then the chapters auction it off to raise money, maybe? What I wonder is why a 9422? You'd think that turkey hunters would want a shotgun. I'm pretty ignorant about turkey hunting--do people hunt turkey with .22's?
Old 12-18-2005, 06:43 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Being a hard core turkey hunter, I'm shocked I never thought about the gun in that way. But you are correct in that a shotgun is the prefered tool for the job. Takes quite an accomplished sportsman to go out with a 22. I know someone out there is going to write saying they've done it. I've shot flying clays with my 22, but the shotgun still goes on the hunt. Perhapse they chose th 94 because it's possably the BEST DERNED RIFLE ever built? Maybe. As for the name JAKES, some may not know that the first year young tom turkey is called a JAKE. Side note. The young hen is a JENNY. The JAKES program from the %%% is aimed at youth hunters and education. Check out their site. Lots of interesting reading. Brad
Old 12-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gobblerforge..
Brad..
I didn't know that about male turkey.. I am going to give them 'til noon tomorrow and if I haven't heard anything I'll give them a call.

Regards, Jack
Old 12-18-2005, 12:24 PM
toivo

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobblerforge
Perhapse they chose th 94 because it's possably the BEST DERNED RIFLE ever built? Maybe. As for the name JAKES, some may not know that the first year young tom turkey is called a JAKE. Side note. The young hen is a JENNY. The JAKES program from the %%% is aimed at youth hunters and education.
This is starting to make sense--if it's a young hunters' program, a nice .22 rifle is a good idea.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just got this e-mail from N%%%: I have e-mailed a Thank You!

Regards, Jack

-------------------------------------------------------------------

JAKES is the youth program of the National Wild Turkey Federation. It
stands
for Juniors Acquiring Knowledge Ethics and Sportsmanship. Each year we
have
a JAKES gun of the year available through the N%%% Hunting Heritage
Banquets. I think the gun you are referring to must be a JAKES gun of
the
year.

Regards, Mandy

Mandy Harling
JAKES Program Manager
National Wild Turkey Federation
[email protected]%%%.net
(803)637-3106 phone
(803)637-6643 fax
Old 12-28-2005, 07:43 AM
obx22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for this thread folks. According to your records my F703XX (.22 short long or LR) is a '72 vintage Great gun
Old 12-28-2005, 09:25 AM
AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm surprised to see how many people have early 70's rifles compared to the 80's and 90's.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Jackz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AK..
I quess a lot of people jumped on board in the begining. From another thread on RFC it seems that the earlier ones were built a little better. Maybe the "problems" later on slowed down sales and that spawned the demise of the 9422??
Maybe later down the road the earlier ones will carry a premium??

I have a 2003 9417 that is a dream but has two issues: Loose forearm and a loose inner mag tube when the mag is empty, The tube is an easy fix with an "O" ring under the knob but the loose forearm is tricky. There isn't much wood, so by tightening the screw it will break the wood, I have to relieve the wood just a tad so the band will close up a bit. Someday I'll get to it..

Regards, Jack
Old 12-28-2005, 12:02 PM
gordonmcw

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Jack Z - my 1972 model suffers from the same loose inner mag tube when empty. Guess I ought to look for an O-ring to slip over it to take care of that.