Tactical 40150 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:29 AM
PNine64

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Following for red dot suggestions. Fwiw, I went with a .22 specific can and a larger one for the others. This one is super light and you don’t notice it at all with the steel framed ruger.
C1220AF4-A893-443C-BDE8-2F99AB4C9396_1539347277921.jpg
Old 10-12-2018, 11:41 AM
ShakeyHand

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Take a close look at the Q Erector suppressor. It is modular and very light. You can tailor it for just the right amount of noise suppression/length by adding or removing modules. I can't wait for my stamp to come through so I can pick mine up.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:14 PM
colorado68
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just a follow up.... It's not as nice as Lobos mount, but managed to get the FF3 mounted in the rear dovetail. Also removed the front sight and top rail.

I know, it's starting to look plain Jane, but is a bit sleeker (less is more?)
It's also more natural (for me) acquiring a target with the RD lower to the barrel.

Was wrestling with removing the sights as now will rely on having a supply of batteries handy.
I also need to locate some finished filler screws for the rails and front sight. If anyone here has done that, would love to hear what size and where you obtained.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2018, 05:51 PM
Lobos8403

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know the front post screw is #6-40 the two screws for the mount are #6-48. Youll have to find the right length for both though!

-David.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado68 View Post
Just a follow up.... It's not as nice as Lobos mount, but managed to get the FF3 mounted in the rear dovetail. Also removed the front sight and top rail.

I know, it's starting to look plain Jane, but is a bit sleeker (less is more?)
It's also more natural (for me) acquiring a target with the RD lower to the barrel.

Was wrestling with removing the sights as now will rely on having a supply of batteries handy.
I also need to locate some finished filler screws for the rails and front sight. If anyone here has done that, would love to hear what size and where you obtained.

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2018, 07:07 AM
Imaposer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a similar setup on my MK IV 22/45. I just called Ruger CS and requested the screws. They mailed them right out free of charge. That was for the rail mount screws. I didn't receive one for the front sight so I left it in place. I had originally planned to remove it, but I've found that it's helpful for me to use it as an index point by finding the front sight in the window to help me align things and find the dot quickly. It does look a little cleaner without it though.

I originally planned to remove the bottom rail also, but I've found that my OLight Mini Valkyrie QD WML that I use on my bedside gun, comes in handy on the Ruger for night time use in the backyard. Takes about 4 seconds to pop it off of the G41 and pop on the Ruger, and I've enjoyed using it several times already. So, I decided to just leave the bottom rail in place. Again, it looks a little more sleek without it, but then again, its functional for my needs. And, once I removed the top rail, the bottom one didn't bother me aesthetically as much as it did before.

As it sits now with the Dead Air Mask HD. IMO, this is the suppressor to get. If I were to buy another rimfire suppressor it'd be another just like this one.

Last edited by Imaposer; 10-19-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:18 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very Sharp and clean looking MkIV (also like the DAM-HD)!!

Ted