Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:04 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
40X Repeater Mag Well

I'm pretty sure this is a long shot, but thought I would ask. I would like to build a 40X sporter repeater on my single shot action, but the one hold up is the mag well. It would incredibly lucky to find one I could purchase and use as the basis to lay out and mill the action, so I'm looking at my most likely option- to make my own.

Would somebody be able to point me in the right direction for a good picture of the 40X mag well so I could use it for a basis for machining one? Perhaps with some basic dimensions , but not totally necessary. The release mechanism would be a good bonus, but I could probably figure out something on that part once the well is in order. Even another manufacturer that might work would probably be helpful- I understand some of the conversions use P94S Sako mag wells and some use the Marlin mag wells, but of course those are as hard to find as any other type of hen's teeth.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me or direct me toward.

Bob
Old 04-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Austin1

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Mag

Pm sent