Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:58 PM
gotafish
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Opinion on Browning 1911 chambered in .22

I'm considering a Browning 1911 chambered in .22. I have a Mark III and a Buckmark, both with Cmore/Allchin mounts. I'd like another rimfire pistol to shoot with open sights. My question is does the Browning 1911 cycle as reliably as the Buckmark and Ruger? How does the trigger compare? Would I be better off getting a Mark IV or another Buckmark? Thanks
Old 11-29-2017, 10:34 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I would recommend another Buckmark - Lots of options and they work right out of the box.

The 1911-22 (Black Label) I purchased - had a terrible trigger and even after a trigger job it still was still way to heavy. Keep in mind that 15% smaller size means no other 1911 parts fit. A Buckmark with a 4" barrel would run circles around the 1911-22, certainly not cost as much, and no new magazines to buy. My 2 cents . . .
Old 11-29-2017, 11:15 PM
frostbitten

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My wife bought a black label 1911 22 last year. we have shoot the heck out of it.
The sights are great and the gun has no problems. no issues, and we have not noticed that the trigger is a problem.... we have maybe 25 hand guns but generally don't get as concerned as some over absolute perfect trigger...

we are very happy with it and would buy it again...

all the best frosty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Badlandsboy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have 2 1911-22 Browning's , a A1 and a newer Black Label. The triggers on them both are acceptable in my opinion for a general plinker pistol. The pistols preform absolutely flawless with all ammo , subsonic and all. They out preform my Rugers in that regard. Not as accurate as my Sig Trail side. But they are nice. I would buy the Black Label again for sure. I prefer the way they feel in hand much better that my Rugers.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:21 AM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i bought the sig and am happy with it ,
Old 12-02-2017, 06:05 AM
Glenn-SC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I own an original 1911-22 A1 and the Compact.
They are deceptively light guns and have the aluminum frames.
Both run flawlessly with any ammunition I have tried in them.
The sights are small (85%!) and all black so they can be a challenge.
The triggers have some creep and not exactly a clean break, but they are, as Badlandsboy said, "acceptable for a general plinker pistol".
They are not target pistols, but work great and are fun to shoot.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:56 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Browning 1911-22 is made for 1911 lovers. It is downsized so kids and women can easily grip it. With smaller male hands I have no problem shooting mine but someone with bear sized hands may want to think twice about owning one.

It is reliable, is accurate enough for a filed plinker pristol, and my teenage grand daughter loves mine. I highly recommend it as a field plinker (cans, swingers, field debris....fun shooting).

The trigger design is very much a reduced size copy of a 1911. It is acceptable but can be improved using 1911 gunsmithing techniques. The trigger take up can be minimized by adjusting the bow at the back of the trigger. The creep can be adjusted with a reduction in sear engagement. The sear spring is part of the three legged flat spring and can be bent to adjust the trigger pull level. But the reality is this is a plinking gun not a target gun. If you expect to hand it to an unskilled shooter (wife, girl friend, kids) DON"T screw with the trigger. It is fine out of the box.

So should you buy one or not? It depends on how you expect to use it. If it is target shooting then buy a Buckmark. If it is for hunting the Buckmark or Ruger are better choices. If it is for plinking and for people with smaller sized hands then buy the Browning 1911. Whatever you do, do not buy the Zinc alloy full sized 1911's in 22 caliber. The Browning with its steel and aluminum slide and frame is a much more durable gun.

This is my opinion based on three decades of gun owning experience. But you get to choose and your opinion may vary.

LDBennett
Old 12-03-2017, 07:55 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree had the GSG version the Colt /Walther version sold them both ....finally got smart and purchase the Browning it's the one I will keep.