questions on suhl - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:50 AM
FredJ_2008
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
ARA Sticky

Here is a link to Rimfire Accuracy in reference to ARA.
http://www.rimfireaccuracy.com/Forum...nd-ARA-History
Old 07-21-2015, 11:36 AM
LongPlay
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Toledo Bend, Deep East Texas - temporarily in either India or Philippines
TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pump .22s View Post
OF course, the "52E" is actually a late model 52D, but has the letter E after the serial number instead of D. A lot of folks distinguish them by calling them E's, but as you may well know, Winchester made no such distinction....they were just end of the run D's.

I agree, my Suhl is no longer a factory gun what with the tuner and fiberglass stock. But that is the way I bought it, so am happy to shoot it that way. For clarification, I was thinking more along the lines of the barreled action which is factory. Another distinction is that I picked that gun up at a small gun show for a total investment of $500. Something tells me the custom guns I shoot against have significantly more invested in them. But I think my biggest kick comes from shooting the Winchester which is factory all the way and the old 2" Unertl adds to the flavor.

I too wish there was a factory class, but as has been alluded to, the problem is in the details. You pretty much have to lean on the honor system, and unfortunately, some folks aren't that honorable when it comes to competition.
I was there for a lot of that. I only wish I had gotten Anna, my wife, to start the video on her phone the first time Pump brought that 52E out. When he turned in his target and for about the next 4 or 5 minutes, there was a steady procession of the top shooters out there, marching all the way from #1 position where we kept scores, to #15 position where Pump was sitting with that old war horse on the bench to see who this was and what that rifle was that just polished off their score positions!!! It was priceless. Some of the mumbling that ensued as they walked back to their respective benches was worth the drive out for sure!

The Suhl forum I would hope would start to become more alive as well. I do not have one as yet. But I am certainly standing in waiting position in case one should pop up that seems like a bargain or a particularly good example. I was especially impressed with what appears to be a standard factory stock trigger. They are really great. My eyes are open and looking !!
Old 09-18-2015, 03:10 PM
Wrasse
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I came upon this thread researching a Suhl 150 that I am looking to pick up for my son. He is 14 and started shooting the indoor matches here and might be doing leagues with our team in Oct. He has been shooting the club's 540xr's (I believe) but I wanted to get him a rifle of his own to be responsible for for Christmas. I think the 150 might fit the bill, as accurate as he will be able to be, and not breaking my bank account should he lose interest.

I would love to find a vintage or factory match. Heck, I would even travel a little ways for that. It is fun to show up to matches with the line loaded with chrome Walthers and Anschutzes and I uncrate my Finnish Lion. They might beat me, but I do it in style!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:48 AM
gpd1953

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Suhl for sale

If anyone is looking sor a Suhl 150 standard . the is one listedon the classifeid section of Rinfire Cental