Pricing for IZH-35M w/ Ultradot: Fair Market Value or Go Fish - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-27-2007, 12:12 PM
DeanV

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Posts: 
36
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pricing for IZH-35M w/ Ultradot



Log in to see fewer ads
I am considering putting my IZH-35M with a brand new matchdot up for sale. I bought it this year and have only shot it a couple times, it works fine. The guns year of manufacture is 2002. It comes with two barrel weights, three magazines and spare parts. It is in very good condition. How much do you think it is worth?Also, how does shipping guns work, do I need to ship from a FFL and to a FFL? Thanks for your help, I am trying to offset some boat repair bills and am trying to decide what to sell to help.

Last edited by aom22; 10-27-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Restore Title
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-27-2007, 03:50 PM
clarity

Join Date: 
Mar 2005
Location: 
Kinross Michigan
Posts: 
144
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
I am considering putting my IZH-35M with a brand new matchdot up for sale. I bought it this year and have only shot it a couple times, it works fine. The guns year of manufacture is 2002. It comes with two barrel weights, three magazines and spare parts. It is in very good condition. How much do you think it is worth?Also, how does shipping guns work, do I need to ship from a FFL and to a FFL? Thanks for your help, I am trying to offset some boat repair bills and am trying to decide what to sell to help.

You will have to ship it from and to an FFL PERSON. I have an IZH 35M. Wonderful shooting pistol. I also have a walthers gsp. I like the IZH just as much as the walthers. I have a couple of questions if you dont mind. Where did you get the barrel weights? JD Precision? How do you know the year of manufacture? I have looked for date of manufacture information of these online but havent had any luck. Dont be impatient. THRERE ARE PEOPLE LOOKING FOR THESE PISTOLS. Maybe you could mention if it is dull black like mine or some other finish. Is matchdot the name of the dot? Or is it a BSA or something else? I am assuming the pistol has the adjustable wooden grips? Does the pistol come with the manual? (Downloadable online) The spare parts are they the tools that come with the pistol when you bought it?........I am just trying to help as far as suggesting what you could ad to your add. Interested parties will ask you the same questions. You can save time giving this info up front. This pistol set a world record in 2005 in rapid fire competition.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-27-2007, 06:50 PM
DeanV

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Posts: 
36
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased an extra parts kit from someone on this site, I am not sure what all they are right now, 3 different springs, another sight, and it looks like an extractor, possibly the firing pin, and another part, but it is hard to tell from the manual.

It does come with the manual.

The grips are the original adjustable wood grips, not aftermarket or customized. They fit my hand well, but might be a little to narrow if you have wide palms (I am 6'2" 190# for size reference).

The side of the pistol has 02 on the side in larger numbering (by the trigger gard I believe, it is not in front of me right now). That is the last 2 digits of the year of manufacture.

I do not know who added the barrel weights, but it does look just like the JD Precision ones from his website.

The finish is the dull black.

The scope is an Ultradot Match dot (2,4,6,8 dots).

Again, I might not have to sell, but just planning my options for in case. It does look like I have sold my older, small boat now so if that sale goes through, I might still hang onto the pistol. I know if I sell it, the odds of getting another of these will be slim if I regret selling later.

Last edited by DeanV; 10-27-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 10-27-2007, 07:05 PM
aom22's Avatar
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Moderator
Join Date: 
Sep 2004
Location: 
Fort Stockton, TX
Posts: 
4,680
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Loaded Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
.... How much do you think it is worth?
Any photos?
__________________
W. Edwards Deming ... Quality: It is not enough to do-your-best;
you must know what-to-do, and ... then ... do-your-best.
Ever-Onward ... Through the Fog ---- Fort Stockton TX 79735
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-27-2007, 07:24 PM
clarity

Join Date: 
Mar 2005
Location: 
Kinross Michigan
Posts: 
144
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
I purchased an extra parts kit from someone on this site, I am not sure what all they are right now, 3 different springs, another sight, and it looks like an extractor, possibly the firing pin, and another part, but it is hard to tell from the manual.

It does come with the manual.

The grips are the original adjustable wood grips, not aftermarket or customized. They fit my hand well, but might be a little to narrow if you have wide palms (I am 6'2" 190# for size reference).

The side of the pistol has 02 on the side in larger numbering (by the trigger gard I believe, it is not in front of me right now). That is the last 2 digits of the year of manufacture.

I do not know who added the barrel weights, but it does look just like the JD Precision ones from his website.

The finish is the dull black.

The scope is an Ultradot Match dot (2,4,6,8 dots).

Again, I might not have to sell, but just planning my options for in case. It does look like I have sold my older, small boat now so if that sale goes through, I might still hang onto the pistol. I know if I sell it, the odds of getting another of these will be slim if I regret selling later.
Dean,
I used to play in bands. Played drums. Everytime I got tired of playing in bands I got rid of the drums. I would wind up buying another set. Usually in a hurry and had to pay some ridiculous prices for drum sets. This went on and on..........(but even a trained monkey can learn after 50 times!!!)
And the same can happen with handguns and rifles. I personally believe you have one of the top five bullseye .22 pistols. I say this after a long time of studying pistols and bullseye shooting. I have learned over the long haul that if ya got something GOOD, try yer best to hang on to it.
Enough of my humble opinions already!!!! Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
DeanV

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Posts: 
36
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have pictures on my computer, but they are not on a website so it does not look like I can post them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:00 PM
forrest r

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Posts: 
1,421
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I won't be much help on price. I picked one up earlier this year with 3 mags & a bsa 30mm red dot on it for $300. The most I got offered for it was $500 after dragging it around to 4 diferent gun shows. Then I got smart! What Clarity said is absolutely true!!! That gun has outshot 41's, gold medalists, & high standard. It ain't picky on ammo, & is totaly adjustable to the shooter. I ditched the red dot & love shooting it. Good luck on whatever you do.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 PM
aom22's Avatar
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Moderator
Join Date: 
Sep 2004
Location: 
Fort Stockton, TX
Posts: 
4,680
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Photo Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
I have pictures on my computer ....
Have you tried

If you're not familiar or uncomfortable with photo posting or unwilling to learn how to navigate Photo Bucket - read frustrated with computers.

E-mail me the images and I will post them for you.
__________________
W. Edwards Deming ... Quality: It is not enough to do-your-best;
you must know what-to-do, and ... then ... do-your-best.
Ever-Onward ... Through the Fog ---- Fort Stockton TX 79735
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-28-2007, 09:31 AM
beammeupscotty

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
Bay Area, California
Posts: 
1,631
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"from and to an FFL PERSON"

just in case you DO end up selling it, I do not believe you must ship from an FFL. I have not done it recently, but in the past I have sold plenty of hand guns and I just shipped direct to an FFL from the UPS office. You need to have an actual copy of the license in your possession before you ship and hand guns must ship overnight.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
clarity

Join Date: 
Mar 2005
Location: 
Kinross Michigan
Posts: 
144
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
FFL or no FFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscotty View Post
just in case you DO end up selling it, I do not believe you must ship from an FFL. I have not done it recently, but in the past I have sold plenty of hand guns and I just shipped direct to an FFL from the UPS office. You need to have an actual copy of the license in your possession before you ship and hand guns must ship overnight.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Ya know? I never took into consideration other states possibly can have different FFL gun shipping laws. But here in Michigan I had to send the money to the seller. They shipped the pistol through an FFL person on their end to an FFL person on my end. If I remember right, the pistol came from the new jersey area...........
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
DeanV

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Posts: 
36
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I sell, I will have to check with the Sheriff Office here and gun store to make sure. I am also in MI, Clarity.

I must say though, you guys have pretty much helped me decide to keep it, unless absolutely necessary. Here is a picture though.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-28-2007, 07:48 PM
clarity

Join Date: 
Mar 2005
Location: 
Kinross Michigan
Posts: 
144
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fair mkt value

AARRRRRRRRRRR matey...............what a beauty she is.......except for the dot she looks just like mine of course.........actually it looks to be in better shape then mine........I dont know if anyone informed you but you should only shoot standard velocity ammo through the Izzzzy !!!! Or any other .22 target pistol.
I am not sure why.........but if i have a good shooting gun I am not taking any chances shooting hypervelocity ammo through it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
aom22's Avatar
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Moderator
Join Date: 
Sep 2004
Location: 
Fort Stockton, TX
Posts: 
4,680
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Standard Velocity or Subsonic Ammunition

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarity View Post
.... I dont know if anyone informed you
but you should only shoot standard velocity ammo through the Izzzzy !!!!
Or any other .22 target pistol.
I am not sure why ....
Reduced Slide Velocity
.... Reduced recoil as a result reduced power ammo
.... Faster & easier shot recovery
.... Recoil spring calibrated for slower slide

Accuracy improvement
.... Reduced velocity ammunition, generally, is more consistent
.... Subsonic ammo may further enhance accuracy because bullet will not go transonic
__________________
W. Edwards Deming ... Quality: It is not enough to do-your-best;
you must know what-to-do, and ... then ... do-your-best.
Ever-Onward ... Through the Fog ---- Fort Stockton TX 79735

Last edited by aom22; 11-06-2007 at 07:06 PM. Reason: EditText for Clarity / Add Text
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
clarity

Join Date: 
Mar 2005
Location: 
Kinross Michigan
Posts: 
144
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Standard or hypervelocity

Thanks AOM22 for the information. Makes sence.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-29-2007, 09:18 PM
aom22's Avatar
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Moderator
Join Date: 
Sep 2004
Location: 
Fort Stockton, TX
Posts: 
4,680
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Two More Cents: Standard Velocity Ammo VS High Velocity Ammo

Using higher velocity ammunition will increase recoil and slide velocity.
As a result, the lighter slide return spring may allow the recoiling slide
to be stopped by striking the pistol frame.

Some target pistols, such as the Colt Gold Cup National Match,
should not be routinely fired using full-power ammunition.

However, I've known some Gold Cup owners who were not hand-loaders.
They'd regularly fired their Gold Cup's with GI-spec hard-ball ammo
during in-formal practice sessions.

Albeit inexpensive practice compared to match ammo.
But, hard on the pistol.
Unless the recoil spring is replaced with a stiffer, full-strength unit,
they were needlessly battering their match pistol.

I've also known some S&W 41 owners that are not particular
about the ammunition they fire - Std Vel or Hi Vel ammo, not an issue.
Never heard anyone complain of ammo related problems.

I own a S&W 41 with a 5 1/2 inch barrel that I bought new.
My pistol has only been fired only with Standard velocity ammo.
I'll be very surprised if I ever have a problem with my S&W 41.

And, no, I never fire Hyper Velocity ammunition.
__________________
W. Edwards Deming ... Quality: It is not enough to do-your-best;
you must know what-to-do, and ... then ... do-your-best.
Ever-Onward ... Through the Fog ---- Fort Stockton TX 79735

Last edited by aom22; 10-29-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Correct Text
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x