Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Show me your BRNO's!!!

407K views 935 replies 249 participants last post by  pt_NZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys...you have seen some of mine. :2ar15smil Now I want to see all those Old World Brno's...the grandfather to the modern CZ's. Rim-fires or center-fires...or even air-rifles for that matter. While I would love to see the rarity items show what you got...hopefuly someone will also have something I have never seen. Fire away, lets see'em.....and how long you have had them.
:Blasting_
:AR15firin
:snipersmi

#3 ·
Very nice!

Seeing your 3S has me anxious for mine...dang is it September yet? :)

Absolutely gorgeous 611, I'm impressed! (Let's see the rest of it.

But the #1 doesn't count OldSwede...there s no way you can just say "My BRNO #1 is like this (but nicer):"...You're such a tease...worse than my wife. :eek: Come on, you got show it now. Pics man, pics!!! :D

#7 ·
It shoots better than me. I had some trouble with the scope moving the last time I had it out. I am using BRNO rings which are different than any others I have used. One of the guys here gave me some suggestions. I have not been to the range since re-mounting the scope.

The 611 is a sweet rifle to shoot. It just feels right. I know that is not a very technical description, but that's what I think when I shoot it. It's just right. She will be the last to go, if it ever comes to that.

Mike

#8 ·
Only a pair of Brnos from me (so far) . . .

. . . but I think them both rather handsome.

Brno #4 456 Lux MI .22lr:

A sporter version of those heavy barreled target rifles shown above. Only 300 made, from my information source. Came with a rear sight that clamps down on the little bit of rail still on rear of barrel.

And the 611:

Maybe a Brno #1 in future. The magazine article that really got me started on this make had a Brno #1 in there that really impressed me.

BTW - nice examples of those rifles above. Old Coastie - that is one nice camera - the photo jumps out at you! Nice job. :t

#10 · (Edited)
j.r. guerra in s. texas said:
. . . but I think them both rather handsome.

Brno #4 456 Lux MI .22lr:

A sporter version of those heavy barreled target rifles shown above. Only 300 made, from my information source. Came with a rear sight that clamps down on the little bit of rail still on rear of barrel.

And the 611:

Maybe a Brno #1 in future. The magazine article that really got me started on this make had a Brno #1 in there that really impressed me.
J.R. very nice 611 as well...completely different style than Old Coastie but just as beautiful...you all did well. I too would like to get around to adding one of these 611's but would like wood as nice as these...someday hopefully. (As noted previously..love the 456)

GO for it J.R....you know you won't regret the #1. :D

#12 ·
JR,

Thanks for the compliment on the picture and the camera for that matter. I was given the camera, an old Kodak, by my brother-in-law. I have really great in-laws. As for the picture, it is the best of many others. That's what is nice about a digital camera. Take hundreds of pictures and only keep the really good ones. When it comes to photography I am just like one of those monkeys they talk about. You know, if you get a thousand monkeys and give each a pencil, in a gillion years you have a Shakespere play.

TOU,

Thanks for the compliment. I got my 611 from the same place I believe J.R. got his. I emailed brnomann (Denny) and was lucky enough to talk him out of one of his last original 611's. Man, did I get lucky. I am scared to death to take it into the woods, so I only shoot at the range. Maybe someday I'll take it hunting, but not now. I picked up a 452 American in 22 mag for hunting. It's really pretty good looking also, but if I'm going to sacrifice a rifle to the gods of the forest, it ain't going to be the 611.

Good shooting,

Mike

#14 ·
Brno Mod. 5

Hi all
Here's my Mod.5 - it's the same as Mod.1, but with the improved Mod.2 trigger but still with the shorter Mod.1 barrel. Stock is BL-oiled, I think it's some sort of beech but not sure. Scope is Nikon Prostaff 2-7x mounted with Millet Angle-Locs on the wide (18mm?) Brno dovetail. Sound moderator is a plastic model made here in New Zealand, it works very well. Overall a great little hunting rig - I can generally bowl rabbits etc out to nearly 100yd with subsonic ammo and a cheap bipod.

#16 · (Edited)
Stewie333 & Stocker...nice rifles. Mine #4 is similar but with a very dark stain. It seems like though, the #4's are always extremely simple/plain in wood. I think I'm going to order a couple of Brnomann's match stocks for fun... to have. unfortunately he's out at the moment until fall.

That #5 does indeed appear to be birch but with a lighter stain than I usually see. As of yet a #5 keeps alluding me and I don't have one yet...still looking.

On the 611's, I thought that was your source OldCoastie...the ones he had are the nicest I have ever seen. If I could find one like yours I would scoop it up. Unfortunately when I contacted Denny a couple of months ago...he only had one and it was spoken for. Who knows though for the future...either way, since I really don't plan to shoot it much, I will wait for one with good wood.

#21 ·
I began with a 456 Std match:

I prefer shorter barrel, my eye need scoped, my ear like them quiet,
scoped, shortened, threaded, recrowned:

Last week i bought a stock for another rifle, I was so impress when I receive-it that I ordered immediatly the version for 452:

Nothing perfect, alloy will be harder to work for the timney. I'll try it with the original trigger Brookerized.
Need also better pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.