Aimpoint Micro on a S&W 617 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:49 PM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)

I have been using a Weig-a-tinny mount. You remove the rear sight, and screw in the rail in the existing frame holes. Less elegant, perhaps, than the Allchin, but it works for me:

Old 07-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Furhunter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I went back to my LGS and swapped out the Trijicon for another Fastfire III. I'm happy with my other one so it was no big deal to get another.

I figured it was easier and much faster to get a different sight than it would be to procure a different mount and it still not fit.

Now for some new grips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 898556B9-0CEE-45CF-B674-7EDC5740165E.jpg (595.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-12-2019, 07:51 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I opted for the C-More Red Dot with a 12 minute dot for Steel Challenge Matches. The 617 is my favorite revolver. It's had a lot of work done to it and boasts a 6 1/5 pound double action trigger.

Old 07-16-2019, 02:07 PM
dimaprok

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
S&W 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furhunter View Post
I just got a 4" 617 and love it. I've had it week today and have run about 750 rounds through it already.
Do you get sticky extraction? With a clean gun I get few drums worth and than when I try to eject they stick to the point that I have to hammer eject rod with something for them to come out. I even got quick loader for this gun but this issue is preventing me from enjoying shooting this gun.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:07 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally got it mounted.

Had some parts problems from Leupold, but finally got it mounted today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg fullsizeoutput_689.jpeg (445.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-20-2019, 09:20 PM
kidneyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimaprok View Post
Do you get sticky extraction? With a clean gun I get few drums worth and than when I try to eject they stick to the point that I have to hammer eject rod with something for them to come out. I even got quick loader for this gun but this issue is preventing me from enjoying shooting this gun.
I had this problem with cheap ammo, which I don't use anymore. Mini mags or copper plated boolits run well. It also helps to clean the cylinder every few hundred rounds and keep it a little wet.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:23 PM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneyboy View Post
I had this problem with cheap ammo, which I don't use anymore. Mini mags or copper plated boolits run well. It also helps to clean the cylinder every few hundred rounds and keep it a little wet.
A nylon bristle brush through the chambers every now and then is all it takes while at the range.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:51 PM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well...I was happy with the Leupold mount until I saw the pic of Furhunter's Allchin mount. Thanks, dude. You cost me another $45...
Old 07-27-2019, 12:27 AM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Allchin mount came today. Much cleaner install than the Leupold mount IMO. Two criticisms are: The screws supplied with the Allchin mount are too big for the holes in the DP Pro. If I had not already purchased the Leupold mount and had the screws from that mount, I would not have been able to mount the DP Pro on the Allchin mount. The second is the nylon post inserts supplied with the Allchi mount are a bit small for the recesses on the DeltaPoint. Probably not an issue on a .22LR revolver, but might be with a larger caliber. Overall, however, I believe this is a much better mounting option for the DeltaPoint on a S&W revolver. I will probably use a little Acraglas Gel to bed the DeltaPoint to the too-small posts on the Allchin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg fullsizeoutput_68a.jpeg (483.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Mike_AK; 07-27-2019 at 12:35 AM.