https://www.amazon.com/Real-Life-TRi...ateway&sr=8-19

Thanks!
Dave
Old 05-06-2019, 05:29 AM
*bigstone

TPC Rating: 
95% (19)
Real Life TRiCC Shooting Bench

I don't have any experience with a bench made like this. If you are wanting a portable rest it would be difficult to to keep it from rocking unless you have a flat concrete pad to sit it on. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:51 AM
dbuffington

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *bigstone View Post
I don't have any experience with a bench made like this. If you are wanting a portable rest it would be difficult to to keep it from rocking unless you have a flat concrete pad to sit it on. Just my thoughts.
Thanks! The bench would be used on a very solid porch at our camp. We've thought about a heavy wood bench, which, obviously, would be more solid. But something that could break down for storage would be handy.

Thanks!
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2019, 07:04 AM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Friend of mine bought a Herter's Deluxe shooting bench from Cabela's. It's good an sturdy on regular ground. It was $99 or so on sale at the time and $179 now. I'd buy one of those instead of what you linked. That thing looks like it'd shift from side to side real easy.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Dave it looks flimsy and I'm not sure how easily it would break down.

You could make something much more substantial out of 4x4s and using brackets it could be broken down easily, perhaps more easily than that "Ikea" bench shown.

Doug and I are shooting Tuesday (tomorrow 10AM) if you want to come and have a closer look at mine...Tom
Old 05-07-2019, 06:55 AM
dbuffington

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasconnor View Post
Dave it looks flimsy and I'm not sure how easily it would break down.

You could make something much more substantial out of 4x4s and using brackets it could be broken down easily, perhaps more easily than that "Ikea" bench shown.

Doug and I are shooting Tuesday (tomorrow 10AM) if you want to come and have a closer look at mine...Tom
Hi Tom!

Yeah, I think I'm going to bite the proverbial bullet and build a solid bench with wheels or sliders or something so we can get it out of the way of picnics and parties on the porch.

And I'd LOVE to come shooting this morning, but it's a long work day for me. Thanks for the invite!

Dave
Old 05-07-2019, 07:07 PM
SourMash77

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
dbuffington, Build your own table. I just built mine and I'm happy with it so far. I still need to add some wheels to make it truly mobile. I spent less than what your link costs. There are some great pictures of benches on here, search around and pick out some things you like and them mesh them all together.