Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:58 AM
wmrike

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Experience with Aguila Rifle Match

Aguila Target and Match go for the same price, which makes it sound like they are the same thing. I bought some Target and it was okay, more or less on par with the Eley Practice (white box) that I am shooting up. For giggles, I bought some Match and included it in a range day with my 1813 and 52R. I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that it shot as well as Tenex and SK Match. On our nasty, gusty range, all three ammo types were generating half inch ten-shot groups. Has anyone else had this experience with Aguila Rifle Match?

My only regret at this point is that I had the Aguila Match in house for a while before I shot it, so there's no going back and buying more of the same lot.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:14 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I shot some and gave it away. Aguila has yet to shoot for me period regardless of the box I buy.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:42 PM
scast

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 455 likes the Pistol Match version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2017, 02:33 AM
AzQkr
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Superstition Mountains in the Sonoran Desert
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Aguila 40 grain s/v shoots dime groups at 25 yrds out of the 10-22 benched. That works for me as it's small rodent fodder out to 50 yrds.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:59 AM
JeeperJake
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been having superior performance from Aguila pistol match in a variety of handguns.
Not that I'm of 'match competition' performance myself these days, there is still great performance for moderate price of the Aguila products I've used.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:17 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmrike View Post
For giggles, I bought some Match and included it in a range day with my 1813 and 52R. I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that it shot as well as Tenex and SK Match. On our nasty, gusty range, all three ammo types were generating half inch ten-shot groups. Has anyone else had this experience with Aguila Rifle Match?
Nothing beats finding the round your rifle likes.

I did get a good result from the Rifle Match I tested, but I don't use it because the standard velocity shot almost as well at half the price.

I found Subsonic to generate fewer fliers and slightly tighter groups.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Ceapea
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently shot over 20 different 22lr rounds in my Remington 511 and 513T (20 different cartridges in each) to see what they liked. Aguila 40 gr std velocity RN shot as well as Wolf MT out of my 511. Several of my 22 rifles shoot Aguila ammo as well as SK Std +/Wolf MT and Eley Target. For a whole lot less $$...
Old 10-15-2017, 02:42 PM
Oldman570

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have been shooting Aguila Rifle match out of two of my rifles, a Ruger 77/22 and Sako P72 bull barrel, for over two years. They shoot it as good as Ely target, CCI computation, and several others that I have tried in the past. I was lucky and was able to get 3500 rounds of the same lot after match it against over 25 other recommend other bullets. It has found a place in my ammo safe, and should be there for some time.