Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Bought a new Alabama made 795 today

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  MNBobster 
#1 ·
They went up in price of course- me and my timing. It looks to be a fine example, and much easier to point than my old 22in barrelled Model 600. I hope it is at least as precise as that 600 too. :gun4:

In commiefornia so there's a 10 day wait, which has bloomed into an up to 20 day wait due to the popularity of guns these days. At least I was allowed to touch the rifle though once I paid for it. The line was long and took an hour and that's once inside!

#2 ·
Nice. Hopefully the wait doesn't go beyond that.

I feel you pain. We get told not only the date but the time to pick it up. Been in a couple of gun shops browsing when someone comes in too early and has to come back to the appointed time. One guy drove over an hour just to be told he needed to come back in about 2 1/2 hours. Craziness.

#3 ·
Man I don’t think I could wait. In Missouri we walk in full the paper out. They take it to a computer input the info and then it says go or no go. They cash ya out. Typically about 5-10 minutes depending on the person using the computer. I feel for you guys having to wait so long.

#4 ·
Eh I'm patient. I'm really shocked by the number of Californians buying guns. The guns store racks are almost empty. I just wonder how this all will affect the views of guns in the state after all this has died down. Knowing them I think they'll just deny everything and switch back to anti-gun.

#6 ·
Here in Texas if you have your carry license, you walk in fill out the paperwork, and walk out with the gun...5-10 mins you're out the door.

If you don't have your license they call in and if you're cleared your out in maybe 15-20 mins with your new gun.

God bless Texas !

#9 ·
Was allowed to pick it up today finally. Not only that but the ordeal took another hour and a half to two. The reason is nice though- LOTS of Californians buying guns. While there I saw an older couple looking to buy their first handgun. I spoke with the gentleman for a bit and he said they had been meaning to do it for some time.

Anyway the rifle is nice- it cycles well without scarring the cartridges much, trigger is about 6 lbs but the break is crisp. We like it and are looking forward to taking it to the range. Wish they'd bring back the stainless version of this rifle.

#11 ·
Question regarding the 795 Marlin

I recently acquired a Marlin 795 and want to put a 40 mm scope on it. I am looking at a Burris 3x9x40. Does anyone know if I purchase Warne Scope Mount 22 rings 1 inch medium Matte 721M if they will keep the 40 mm scope off of the barrel of the rifle? I do not want to buy the wrong rings and have to return them. Thanks is advance for advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.