The New Smith & Wesson .22 LR Victory Thread (the place to discuss this new pistol) - Page 47 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:12 AM
QB Too
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)

As I posted above, my Victory, shooting suppressed, LOVED Gemtech and CCI Mini-Mag Choot EM!.......it ran 100% with that ammo. The CCI was louder than the Gemtech which surprised me a little. Not unsuppressed loud, just louder. My Victory loved Gemtech so much I just ordered another 2000 rounds

My Victory HATED Remington Golden Boy and Aguila SuperExtra Subsonic (again, shooting suppressed). It would feed the next round while an empty casing was jammed sort of sideways in the ejection port area. So that ammo will go to my 10/22 that eats anything I feed it.

I also shot the CCI Mini-Mag Choot Em! ammo unsuppressed and it ran 100%.

Next outing I'll try Federal AutoMatch and some old Winchester ammo I have.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:15 AM
fritzmccorkle
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via ICQ to fritzmccorkle
i got mine at the last indy 1500 gun show for $339.
I ordered the volquartsen carbon fiber barrel. it was out of stock, but instead of 3 or 4 weeks as they told me it arrived in less than 2.
shooting offhand at the range this weekend was very impressive. i have no interest in benching it and measuring groups so....(don't expect data from me).
besides the barrel i'm using a vortex venom. it's my first one of those, but man, what a nice sight. i've got 3 fastfire 3's and i think i like this one a little better.
i find the trigger on this gun really nice!!!!
two things i will be doing is putting hogue grips on it once they make them for it. the grip feels ok to me, but i like the sticky rubber feel.
the other thins is i'm not really fond of that plastic rail. Volquartsen told me that they were working on one of those though. all in all i'm very happy with it.
i own a ruger mk2, 2 ruger mk3, and 3 ruger 22/45 so it's not like i don't like these guns. it was just nice to try something different. i hate taking apart a ruger. the victory is a breeze to take apart.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:35 AM
nsell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
#61 O Ring

Hope this was not mentioned, but the #61 O Ring that some have recommended (and it does work) for take down screw for Victory can be purchased at Tractor Supply P/N: 51130. They do not refer to it as #61. You get 10 in a pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 12:12 PM
10P8TRIOT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzmccorkle View Post
... i'm using a vortex venom. it's my first one of those, but man, what a nice sight. i've got 3 fastfire 3's and i think i like this one a little better ... i'm not really fond of that plastic rail. Volquartsen told me that they were working on one of those though.
There is already a 3rd party FastFire III base available for the Victory. Several of us here on RFC have been working with Jason at MaddMacs Precision Tactical on the design. I suggested that he extent the front of the base to cover the welds on the top of the Victory receiver and Jason indicated that he had already worked that into the design of the next version of the base. Mine was shipped today and should arrive in the next couple days. I'll post some pics when it comes in. The picture below is from his website. There are more pictures of the base in the 9th post in this thread.

Last edited by 10P8TRIOT; 04-11-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:02 PM
fritzmccorkle

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
i saw that post just this morning. it's a nice looking mount and i've looked at his site. i'll wait and see what the volquartsen looks like. i was under the impression it is a rail. just not plastic. it's nice to have an alternative though.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:57 PM
thezen
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB Too View Post
KYGUNCO is out of stock on the threaded model.
Uh, I thought you were after a standard one. GL
Old 04-11-2016, 03:06 PM
rpc55

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzmccorkle View Post
i got mine at the last indy 1500 gun show for $339.
I ordered the volquartsen carbon fiber barrel. it was out of stock, but instead of 3 or 4 weeks as they told me it arrived in less than 2.
shooting offhand at the range this weekend was very impressive. i have no interest in benching it and measuring groups so....(don't expect data from me).
besides the barrel i'm using a vortex venom. it's my first one of those, but man, what a nice sight. i've got 3 fastfire 3's and i think i like this one a little better.
i find the trigger on this gun really nice!!!!
two things i will be doing is putting hogue grips on it once they make them for it. the grip feels ok to me, but i like the sticky rubber feel.
the other thins is i'm not really fond of that plastic rail. Volquartsen told me that they were working on one of those though. all in all i'm very happy with it.
i own a ruger mk2, 2 ruger mk3, and 3 ruger 22/45 so it's not like i don't like these guns. it was just nice to try something different. i hate taking apart a ruger. the victory is a breeze to take apart.
My Venom failed after only 1 week. the arrow down button stopped working. Returned it for another FF3. I did like the sight though

Last edited by rpc55; 04-11-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:51 PM
fritzmccorkle

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
wow, sure hope that doesn't happen. i've got 2 strikefire 2, 2 spark, i spitfire, and a strike eagle. i've had good luck so far. sure hope the venom holds up.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:28 PM
Trent

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10P8TRIOT View Post
There is already a 3rd party FastFire III base available for the Victory. Several of us here on RFC have been working with Jason at MaddMacs Precision Tactical on the design. I suggested that he extent the front of the base to cover the welds on the top of the Victory receiver and Jason indicated that he had already worked that into the design of the next version of the base. Mine was shipped today and should arrive in the next couple days. I'll post some pics when it comes in. The picture below is from his website. There are more pictures of the base in the 9th post in this thread.

Dang, maybe I should have sold them.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Tpsfoto

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine lasted only a couple of days.....second trip to the range....all of my mags were dropping by themselves....with ammo loaded or empty. It is back at S&W ....but they said 4 weeks for repairs !!!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:24 PM
hooverjc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10P8TRIOT View Post

Mine is in the mail from Jason, going to use the FF3.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:14 AM
Jim_WY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpsfoto View Post
Mine lasted only a couple of days.....second trip to the range....all of my mags were dropping by themselves....with ammo loaded or empty. It is back at S&W ....but they said 4 weeks for repairs !!!!!
I was touching the mag release button with my thumb when firing. I dropped a couple of mags that way. So I put a piece of a cut-off aluminum rivet into the hole in the mag release button that holds the spring. That increased the force needed to drop the mags, and it's cured the problem completely for me.

I described my mod earlier in this thread. If that was your problem, you might give it a try rather than sending it off. But if it's dropping them without your help, then it might not be the same problem.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:22 AM
thezen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsell View Post
Hope this was not mentioned, but the #61 O Ring that some have recommended (and it does work) for take down screw for Victory can be purchased at Tractor Supply P/N: 51130. They do not refer to it as #61. You get 10 in a pack.
TruValue calls them #61, 59 cents each. I've gone belts and suspenders. Oring and Vibra-tite VC-3 Threadlocker.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Tap
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Ready at last

Old 04-13-2016, 02:22 PM
mrtwohands

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice!! ^^^. Have you shot it with that barrel yet?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk