Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2020, 05:45 PM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

I wonder if they have to pay Smith & Wesson a royalty for the concept (easy racking, cocking ears, etc.)used by S&W in the EZ?
Old 01-20-2020, 01:39 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now Ruger needs to bring it out in 32 auto.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:54 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I've done Ruger's "Tell The CEO" about that several times. I really like my Guardian 32s; wouldn't mind having a cheaper fun gun in the easier .32. The .32 Auto is a good cartridge for SD, but not popular. More guns using it, especially a Ruger, would help it along for years to come.

Last edited by bearcatter; 01-20-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:41 AM
mac66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Bob View Post
I wonder if they have to pay Smith & Wesson a royalty for the concept (easy racking, cocking ears, etc.)used by S&W in the EZ?
Ruger had 'cocking ears' on their pistols as far back as the Standard (mk1) auto. Nothing exclusive about that. "Easy racking" is more of a generic description than a exclusive concept.

Last edited by mac66; 01-21-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:05 AM
ViperR

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Ruger calls it EasyRack because the recoil spring is very light and that is because the slide is all steel and needs a light spring for proper blow back & functioning compared to a slide made out of aluminum or zinc alloy.
Also, in their 380 model, there is a double and very stiff recoil spring assembly.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:58 PM
DrewBone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
For fun yes, sd carry no. Rimmed , rimfire , semi auto. Possibly the least reliable combination available. Rimmed means maybe rimlock, rimfire means maybe no bang, semi auto maybe no cycle in coat pocket or against a body. Three maybes means a much higher chance of failure.

25 acp in a pocket pistol , ok. H https://youtu.be/nnnJ0vjXQmo not my choice but better than a 22. My 2 cents.
I'm not exactly sure why some treat every handgun that's produced on the planet as if they're to be used soley for self defense purposes and as such must meet self defense firearm standards; I know of noone who carries a .22lr anything as their dedicated/primary carry piece, so I'm left in wonderment as to why such statements even need to be made when the subject of .22lr handguns comes up, since it's a given that they're (with minor exceptions, see *below) not intended for self defense purposes but are instead geared more towards hunting small game, target shooting, and for fun plinking, where a misfire due to firearm, ammunition, or both won't have the potential to create a life threatening event.

But in the end, a .22lr "something" would still be better than having a "nothing" on your person i.e, having a *North American Arms mini revolver on your ankle or in your pocket could buy a person some time and ultimately contribute to one's survival
Old 02-15-2020, 09:31 PM
AVB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Because little pistols generally suck for anything but concealing.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:26 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperR View Post
Ruger calls it EasyRack because the recoil spring is very light and that is because the slide is all steel and needs a light spring for proper blow back & functioning compared to a slide made out of aluminum or zinc alloy.
Also, in their 380 model, there is a double and very stiff recoil spring assembly.
Ummm.. gota disagree...not so hard to rack in 380...NOT at all.. my 14 yr. old can rack it like a Boss and he's 125 lbs. and skinny... he went thru 70 rds. a few weeks back.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:53 PM
22dec
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not true. I have quite a few "little" hand guns and they are a blast to shoot. I would not even try to shoot a paper target at fifty feet, but shooting dirt clods at ten feet or busting a clay pigeon at short range with a Beretta 21a or a NAA pug is just plain fun. Not meant for target shooting or self defense, just relaxing and having a good time shooting.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:22 PM
mgriffin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
^^^^^^^^^^
I would probably buy that!