Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:27 PM
Kyounglund

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CZ 457 MTR rear bag recommendation

Just started ARA factory class. I already have a DR Greenlaw front rest. Looking to find a rear bag that is proven repeatable for the MTR stock
Old 08-06-2020, 06:37 AM
StanHi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyounglund View Post
Just started ARA factory class. I already have a DR Greenlaw front rest. Looking to find a rear bag that is proven repeatable for the MTR stock
I have 3 bags I use for rear bags; an Armegeddon / small waxed canvas (favorite), a Protector bunny ear; a small-wedge shaped bag (?). I use all of them at times. The one I use depends on the situation.
For instance, when at the bench, the Protector or wedge shaped seem to do well. Shooting prone, the Armegeddon is better.
If I could only have one, I would choose the Armegeddon.
I do not know what ARA factory class is. If it is all bench shooting, you probably should consider the hard-bottom ear bags like the Sinclair.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:30 AM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
I don't shoot competitively from the bench, so take this with a grain of salt. I use a Protektor bunny-ear rear bag with the MTR. The rear of the stock is actually quite thick, and a taller, rabbit-ear bag doesn't allow for the rear notch in the MTR stock to be as consistent shot to shot. My bunny-ear bag is the one with the nylon bunny ears rather than leather.

Looks like this one, although I didn't buy mine from this vendor:

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/prod...RoCeZAQAvD_BwE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2020, 12:44 PM
bsanspree

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://www.killoughshootingsports.c...djustable.html

This can be ordered directly through Jerry at holeshot. It is ARA factory class legal and works well with the MTR.