Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-29-2020, 02:03 PM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (53)

All I have done is adjust triggers and or swap springs on the 5 or 6 I have had.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:24 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My first CZ rifle was the 527 in .223. Love that set trigger. When I moved where I could have a rimfire range at home, and Bud's got the last bunch of 452 Varmints I've seen, I bought one. Loved the look, feel, and quality. Then I started playing with those Legos of rimfires, the 10/22s. After several helpings of Kidd products, I wanted a better trigger for the 452V. I considered (and even bought) a YoDave kit, but kept researching for a better, more consistent option. I looked at kits and complete trigger assemblies, and stewed over it a bit. Then I ran across a sale on the RB, and the reviews I read online plus the adjustability of the trigger made the decision right for me. I later purchased a 455 American three-barrel set, and a 452 American found it's way to me from a friend. All three have the RB triggers in them now, and it was money well spent.

I've become a trigger enthusiast - perhaps a bit of a trigger snob. It just makes me smile when I find a crisp, clean break on a trigger. I can live with a bit of take-up. I have three Savages with Accu-Triggers: a 93R17BVSS, a MarkII Youth in 22lr, and a 110 Tactical in 6.5CM. Those triggers are just as they left the factory, and I'm fine with them. Perhaps my expectations are lower for them, but that cheap, ugly little Youth model shoots darn small groups with cheap ammo - rivaling the CZs in some cases. It's like Suave shampoo (Ours does what theirs does at less than half the price!)
Old 07-29-2020, 09:31 AM
Tennessee453

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSwede View Post
I respect your opinion. That said, mine differs. Are not these young people going to someday drive different automobikes, sometimes during the same day? It is my belief that they need to learn the diffeences, and how to adapt in life, rather them learn by rote. JMHO, worth what you paid for it.
I agree, all firearms are different in configuration and people need to be open to observe differences and be able to adapt. There are differences in safety configurations like in front of trigger or behind, tang safeties, hammered guns or vintage classic guns are a crapshoot. My first .22 was a norinco jw15 so buying a cz was just an upgrade.

I also understand your thought process and won't knock you for it. We all have different mindsets and there is no right answer for everyone.

All my cz's got cleaned and started putting rounds downrange. Trigger adjustments came next but they shoot good enough they've never needed anything else.

Charlie

Last edited by Tennessee453; 07-29-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:00 AM
SavagePlinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been teaching kids to shoot for decades. The STUPIDEST thing you can do is teach a kid to put the safety on/off.

Don't chamber a round until you are ready to shoot. If you change you mind, open the bolt.

My kids are taught to NEVER TOUCH the safety. So I couldn't care less which way you push it to engage it.

Sorry, I don't trust "safeties." Maybe it is because I was very nearly shot once with a gun that was "on safe." Still went off and blasted the ground right beside my foot.

"Safeties" are for idiots.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:13 AM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
452 varmint: trigger spring and barrel lug tq tuning.
452 american: trigger spring
455 tacticool: trigger spring and rubber barrel bedding
455 american: all stock
455 trainer: all stock
Old 07-30-2020, 01:08 PM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandloco View Post
I see all the tune-up and mod posts and it's great info, I've done it to.........but does anyone use their CZ just out of the box?
Outside of trigger work and 452's that required scopes and slings. I have not touched them.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:20 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine has a bipod addition, and a scope, but that's it. CZ 455 Varmint

The bipod is mainly coz I'm left-handed, and it is SO nice to shoot from a pod as a leftie.

It is capable of shooting very well this way. I don't think I'll ever equal the last target, but it's fun trying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _SCB1552_resize.jpg (49.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg CZ Eley Target 180422.jpg (334.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg CZ Wolf ME 170219.jpg (28.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Wow 170618.jpg (67.2 KB, 38 views)

Old 07-30-2020, 03:28 PM
glennasher
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
None of the CZs I have, have had trigger jobs or anything else monkeyed with. I keep intending to do a trigger job on my 452s, but never get around to it. No matter, really, I used to shoot a LOT of different pistols, and learned to adapt to them, enough to shoot them all pretty well (before arthritis and eyesight went to Hades, anyway). It's a lot harder to shoot a pistol with a poor trigger than a rifle. I get by pretty well.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:35 PM
Big Pete10
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 455 American is stock. Bought spring kit but haven't put it in. Trigger is light enough for me but it's creepy.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:46 PM
Appalachian

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CZ 455V trigger spring only
CZ 452 American trigger spring only
Both shoot .5 MOA with decent ammo. I’ve considered bedding them and reprofiling the firing pins, but they both shoot great now and I don’t want to screw it up.