Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:39 PM
skwerl58
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger Customer Service

I was installing a scope base on my Ruger Comp Target today and the rear screw was to long. I snugged the leather wrapped screw up in the vise and started removing about a 1/16 inch from it with a file. I was doing good and when I was finishing it up I hit the threads with the file. Boogered up the threads so I called Ruger for a replacement screw, I was on hold a couple of minutes. The customer service woman on the phone asked for the serial number and which screws I needed. I gave her my info and she told me they would ship out Monday. I asked about charges and she said no charge! This is my first service call to Ruger and they impressed me. Great products and service, I will look closer at them for my future firearm purchases.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:45 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is good to hear. It cost Ruger very little to do what they did, and they in turn have secured a Ruger customer for the future. That was a wise decision on their part, I think.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I lost a rear sight screw on my SR22. They sent me a whole new rear sight and a smaller grip sleeve (which I mentioned I had lost) all for free. Once I got thru to them (which took several calls), it was a wonderful experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2021, 04:39 PM
oldbird13

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
This is good to hear. It cost Ruger very little to do what they did, and they in turn have secured a Ruger customer for the future. That was a wise decision on their part, I think.
+1 for that...wonder if they let their accountant know they did that
Old 01-08-2021, 05:31 PM
rosscoe

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
I lost one of the plug screws for when the scope mount is not used on a MK3.
They sent the set of 4. Now Dummy here has extras! FREE
Old 01-08-2021, 05:34 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
yes

Sent a couple of Mark II's in this year for the drill n tap job. Not sure where it went but the big hammer pin flew somewhere probably in a big box of misc empty brass. Put a note in with the two uppers that I needed one in stainless. Well they sent me one back with the uppers but it was BLUED. A quick call and a stainless was in my hands in a few days.

Was trying to find the cute little adapter that goes on the Ruger Mini-14 mags that you can use a 10 rd stripper clip with. Not on Rugers site and a seller wanted $11 for ONE on eBay. Talked to Ruger and they did find them priced at $8. She put one in the mail NO CHARGE.

Years ago got a new 1022 rear sight after my folding leaf became inop. Again no charge. They have done such a good job for me I have probably lost a little sleep after taking advantage of them!
Old 01-08-2021, 05:53 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
I recently purchased a used MK11 Comp/target. It was missing the filler screws but it had the base and rings. I emailed Ruger and they sent me a set, no charge. In the past I have had great results with them as well on other issues.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:10 PM
Turtle1903

TPC Rating: 
94% (12)
Yes ruger has great customer service! And excellent products!
Old 01-08-2021, 07:27 PM
Empe

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I have dealt with Ruger CS several times over the past number of years and I had excellent service each time.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:03 PM
Outbuilding
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A lot of us have had the same good phone call to Ruger. Mine was a couple of months ago, looking for a front sight for a 6 7/8" barrel target pistol. I'm sure the accountant is very happy knowing they are shipping at no charge, no tying up accounting personnel on tiny orders. Just find the part, get it to shipping and get it out the door. And, the benefit of happy customers.

Have a blessed day,

Leon
Old 01-08-2021, 10:31 PM
wvjoetc

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Ruger has one of if not the best CS departments in the industry period.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:49 AM
frozen
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nothing but good from Ruger,, 3 Rimfire back for repairs and no hassle!! Very happy with Ruger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2021, 06:51 PM
mikescooling

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a single six, lose the pin and spring that keeps the cylinder pin thing in place, Ruger sent me a new retaining pin and extra springs. I am a customer for life. I own several Rugers now.