Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:51 PM
bongsboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
457 Trigger spring

After a vey close inspection of my trigger, which is currently @ 2lbs, I have decided that a lighter spring is the only way to go to get a safe 1lb pull weight. Would anyone who has replaced the trigger spring on their 457 be able to measure both springs , old and new, and then post the dimensions on this thread?
Dimensions required are outside diameter, free length and the wire thickness.
Also has anybody identified a replacement that you can get from the hardware store, ie. Ace hardware #.
Many thanks in advance, Mike
Old 11-16-2019, 11:30 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongsboy View Post
After a vey close inspection of my trigger, which is currently @ 2lbs, I have decided that a lighter spring is the only way to go to get a safe 1lb pull weight. Would anyone who has replaced the trigger spring on their 457 be able to measure both springs , old and new, and then post the dimensions on this thread?
Dimensions required are outside diameter, free length and the wire thickness.
Also has anybody identified a replacement that you can get from the hardware store, ie. Ace hardware #.
Many thanks in advance, Mike
I have recently bought two CZ 457s (my first two CZs), and in both I just used the stock 10/22 trigger return spring to get to 1#. Works great. Cost me nothing as I had two used ones from upgrading my 10/22 TGs with Brimstone components.

The more orthodox way is to use the YoDave 457 spring, $15. I used the excellent instructions on his website to install my Ruger spring.

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 11-16-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:19 AM
The ROC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
x2 on the YoDave spring kit.

I have my 457 MTR trigger safely adjusted down to 10 oz, no creep and no over travel and passes multiple bump test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2019, 11:47 AM
Pastprime
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (120)
My factory 457 Lux trigger is 8 oz. and passes a bump test. My 457 Varmint would go no lower than 1 lb. with the YoDave spring; 2 lbs. without the spring. I've read a lot of comments here about the lowest trigger pull folks can get and there seems go be a fairly wide range. I'll leave it to the experts to explain the reasons.......

Hank