There's a New Sheriff in Town - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 11-12-2019, 01:06 AM
ronsatspokane

Join Date: 
Jul 2014
Posts: 
60
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)


Log in to see fewer ads
Of course you will need to put a stop to the CZ porn shots. They have already resulted in my spending far to much time and money.When you stoop to buying an FS stock for a 452 Ultra Lux then spend a couple days fashioning a schnabel foreend out of ebony, you know that the example you are setting is questionable.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Signalman's Avatar
Signalman is online now

Moderator
Join Date: 
Jan 2012
Location: 
On the Westside
Posts: 
10,884
TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsatspokane View Post
Of course you will need to put a stop to the CZ porn shots. They have already resulted in my spending far to much time and money.When you stoop to buying an FS stock for a 452 Ultra Lux then spend a couple days fashioning a schnabel foreend out of ebony, you know that the example you are setting is questionable.
ronsatspokane sir I am sorry about that....but I have a questions for you:

1. are you happy with what you did and did it make you smile when you got done?

if so I will take all the blame for making you happy.

Signalman
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-12-2019, 01:30 AM
ronsatspokane

Join Date: 
Jul 2014
Posts: 
60
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
ronsatspokane sir I am sorry about that....but I have a questions for you:

1. are you happy with what you did and did it make you smile when you got done?

if so I will take all the blame for making you happy.

Signalman
You are indeed to blame. You gave me the idea.

Just love that rifle. Looks like an old WWII Mauser from a distance with a bit of old world German hunting rifle with the schnabel foreend. People kind of look at it when I take it to the range and start asking a lot of questions. It makes me smile. I kind of wonder how many CZ's I've sold with that rifle.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #49  
Old 11-12-2019, 08:17 AM
LtCrunch's Avatar
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2015
Location: 
Colorado
Posts: 
1,737
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Congratu-dolences Signalman! One small word of advice. Try not to let the job spoil the fun of RFC.

Cheers,

Frank

Last edited by LtCrunch; 11-12-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
Nowhere good
Posts: 
516
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post
Congratu-dolences Signalman! One small word of advice. Try not to let job spoil the fun of RFC.

Cheers,

Frank
He's a good dude and will be just fine!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:44 AM
Sophia's Avatar
Sophia is online now

That Evil Admin Lady
Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Raggedy Edge of the 'Verse
Posts: 
22,051
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post
One small word of advice. Try not to let job spoil the fun of RFC.
__________________
One of These Days
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-12-2019, 11:01 AM
JEE's Avatar
JEE is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Moderator
Join Date: 
May 2005
Location: 
In a cave torturing spammers
Posts: 
19,305
TPC Rating: 
100% (66)
I second
__________________
...but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us... Romans 5:8
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-12-2019, 11:21 AM
LtCrunch's Avatar
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2015
Location: 
Colorado
Posts: 
1,737
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer22 View Post
He's a good dude and will be just fine!
Agreed Jammer, Signalman is a great member. Friendly, cheerful, knowledgeable. Never a harsh word about anyone. And his collection of CZs and Weaver scopes...Holy Moly!

It's just that being a moderator of any large social media group is hard. It tries both patience and friendships. Maintaining a light and friendly demeanor while simultaneously dealing with scofflaws and miscreants is not a task for the weak of heart. I'm sure as you say, Signalman will do an excellent job of it.

Not particularly related but it makes me wonder where Steve in IN went. Wherever it is I hope it's a happy place!

Frank
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-12-2019, 11:24 AM
SailDesign's Avatar
SailDesign is online now

Join Date: 
Mar 2015
Location: 
RI
Posts: 
1,976
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats, SignalMan! Good choice, Sophia.
__________________
"We have met the enemy, and he is us." - Pogo

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-12-2019, 04:41 PM
FlysAlot's Avatar
FlysAlot

Moderator
Join Date: 
Jul 2003
Location: 
Made back to FL 430
Posts: 
11,908
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post
Congratu-dolences Signalman! One small word of advice. Try not to let job spoil the fun of RFC.

Cheers,

Frank

__________________
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...011903278.html

Pro Patria

Cives Arma Ferant

Cuiusque Devotio est Vis Regimenti
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-12-2019, 08:54 PM
larry2kat
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2016
Posts: 
69
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
new moderator

Congrats. Signalman. Ya sure, you betcha a great choice was made. Calls for some Aquavit.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-13-2019, 07:34 AM
pspencer's Avatar
pspencer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2016
Location: 
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Posts: 
221
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm happy for you Todd and I think it was an easy choice for RFC.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-13-2019, 09:08 AM
timberbeast's Avatar
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2007
Location: 
The piney woods of south Arkansas
Posts: 
39,775
TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Thank you, Signalman, for taking on the role of moderator. 99% of the time, it's a lot of fun and mostly just keeping folks from straying into dangerous waters. The other 1% of the time, being honest, keeping boundaries firm, and striving for fairness is the way to go. Of course, that advice is worth what you are paying for it , and I would say, take what is useful and leave the rest.

RFC is a great place to learn and share what we know, and to enhance the enjoyment of rimfires and shooting in general. I think you are a great choice for the moderator of this forum.
__________________
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. - C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,012,323
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
Thank you, Signalman, for taking on the role of moderator.

Yeah on that.

99% of the time, it's a lot of fun and mostly just keeping folks from straying into dangerous waters. The other 1% of the time, being honest, keeping boundaries firm, and striving for fairness is the way to go.

Some of us can be a real pain in the heiny.

RFC is a great place to learn and share what we know, and to enhance the enjoyment of rimfires and shooting in general. I think you are a great choice for the moderator of this forum.
What the Beast said.
__________________
If we were serious about saving lives, our vehicles would have breathalyzers tied into ignition kill switches.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Taterchip

Join Date: 
Jun 2017
Location: 
Northeast Tennessee
Posts: 
1,164
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Congrats, to the Todderator!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x