Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:41 PM
Leverguy
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmeintel View Post
Iím using CCI Subsonic Hollow In my cz 455 and RWS Subsonic HP in my built 10/22
Good choice.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:27 PM
ricky9x22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpokey View Post
I've never tried them, but I've read a bit about flat nose bullets, and they have some impressive ballistics / grouping.

Here's what CCI has on them:
https://www.cci-ammunition.com/produ...=2&loadNo=0058
This is making me want to try some of them also and see how they shoot in my toys... nothing like having extra backup in the stockpile!!!
Rick
Old 11-03-2019, 04:47 PM
SquirrelDown

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After missing 2 squirrels in a row today with some federal red pack bulk ammo I came back to the house and switched back to some cci sv got sighted in with that and wont switch back to bulk packs again. Shot a 25 yard group then 50 yard group on the fist targer then around 35ish on the 2nd

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
For serious hunting, it's worth it to buy better ammo. You're not going to shoot up a large amount of money to kill a limit of squirrels, and cheap stuff risks duds and poor accuracy.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the replies 54 Sporter and Donnie. You guys are the first people that I have met that have actually used them for real. Now I'm really excited to try them on some small game.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:23 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I had used some of the original CCI SGB's back in the 1990's and again when they started making them again. Accuracy was good, somewhat better on the earlier version. I never got very excited with them, as to me the on-game performance was the same as high velocity round nosers. Late 1990's I got influenced by magazine articles into using match ammo. I liked the accuracy but if you ever screwed up and botched a shot there were just too many wounded squirrels trying to get away. Very rare with the hollowpoints.

If you want a real mess gut shoot one with a Stinger.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:28 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
For serious hunting, it's worth it to buy better ammo. You're not going to shoot up a large amount of money to kill a limit of squirrels, and cheap stuff risks duds and poor accuracy.
My thoughts also.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:34 AM
ricky9x22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
That's a great way of looking at it for sure! A few boxes of the good stuff should last a few seasons, giving you pently of time to restock your ammo bin...

Rick