Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 01:29 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

BW, should have gotten mail from me. Slow snail mail I guess.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, RichJ, COW, SLS, Splatz, dlong, M92, Mike, Gerald, Squirrel, Wayne, Hawkeye, wr, JV, 404, Phil, Atonic, Brent, Greggie, koonta, Ranger, nf, jnyork, JV, Rock, 1917, TC, GP, JDWin, IHMS, Johnny, pans, RonL, Carrij, arjay, CMR, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Mayor, just went through Saturday's mail snd received your envelope. Thank you. I'll put it to good use.

Good night.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:33 AM
M92pv4u
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
20191026_102406_1572153964933.jpg20191026_120020_1572154023583.jpg20191026_115950_1572154057582.jpg
I got called into work today to find a leak in a pipe. I got it dug up and found the leak but couldn't repair it because of a cement surge block. The land manager sent some guys to help move the trailer and dig the pipe out after I located the problem. Somebody stole the wheels from the trailer by removing the spindle nut and removing the hub assembly so it was dragged out of the way.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:01 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

No tropical storm this morning. No rain. It's freezing out @ 57F, so I'll have to wear long sleeves. It won't get to 70F today. Definitely long sleeve weather. Brrrrrrr, . . . , Winter.

Saints play Arizona Cardinals today. LSU fared well against Auburn last night.

I'll be home about kickoff time, that is noon.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:06 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
It is officially winter. I got my Carhart coat out. 10 mph winds made today less than enjoyable.

Sad about your friends Gerald. The world needs all of its good people. We have enough of the other kind.

Wow Al, they sure cleaned that buck.
Thanks Szumi, and all others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Wore a sweatshirt during morning perimeter czech but was able to shed it by the time I went to town. While there I was reminded that at this time of year the snowbirds are easy to pick out of the crowd -- they're the only ones still wearing shorts and t-shirts.

Tried finding some LED fixtures to replace the 4' fluorescent lamps in the shop. Had my pick of single and four-bulb units but was shooting for two-bulb fixtures. Of course I could just put only two bulbs in the four-bulb fixture but everything I looked at had a plug on the end. I suppose I could just whack it off and splice wires into the junction box (as the existing ones are wired) but that still has the cord coming out of the end instead of the middle of the unit without putting a hacksaw to use. Looking for something a little more elegant than that.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if the cord could be shoved back into the fixture after the whacking. Should have looked at that but I expect I'll have to buy one, take it apart, then decide whether to return it or buy more based on the results of the internal recce.
Installed a wired in from Lowes in the garage about 6 months ago, two row LED, brighter that the 4 club fluorescent it replaced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
The former big boss that left shortly after I did has moved an hour down the road. She got divorced again. She hooked up with a new boy friend who's wife found out about it and expressed her displeasure by riddling his car with bullets.
This is why spouses and former spouses are always the prime suspect initially in a homicide...

Wife's nephew was put on a new type of heart/lung machine to let his rest after the CPR damage late last night, none of this is sounding encouraging, I told God this would be a good chance for him to show off his healing powers but I know he has his own plans. They're now concerned about Brain damage as they did CPR for 10 minutes and are unsure his brain was receiving sufficient oxygen during that period.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:30 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
The former big boss that left shortly after I did has moved an hour down the road. She got divorced again. She hooked up with a new boy friend who's wife found out about it and expressed her displeasure by riddling his car with bullets.
Sounds like a couple hot wimmins!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
Somebody stole the wheels from the trailer by removing the spindle nut and removing the hub assembly so it was dragged out of the way.
Vandals and thieves! shick shick

It was really windy when I was doin the William Tell on the apples @ 7-10 paces with the pistol Wook....my excuse.

Bud has bear problems because of apple bait. He won't use the best bang for the buck taters the deer lerve.
I started a thread with a pic of his picked clean recovered buck in the Hunting Forum.

33˚ and sunny still air
most last

ETA- I likey all the avatars Sophia.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:54 AM
JVStalin

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

No tropical storm this morning. No rain. It's freezing out @ 57F, so I'll have to wear long sleeves. It won't get to 70F today. Definitely long sleeve weather. Brrrrrrr, . . . , Winter .
It won't get to 70F here , either ! 35 F , maybe . We will have either sneaux , or freezing rain ( Would you rather be shot or stabbed ? ) . The auto body shops are about to get busy . Winter ain't coming ; it is here at last !

Last edited by JVStalin; 10-27-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:34 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Need I say more?

Off to hibernate...

Life is good!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-27-2019, 10:35 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVStalin View Post
It won't get to 70F here , either ! 35 F , maybe . We will have either sneaux , or freezing rain ( Would you rather be shot or stabbed ? ) . The auto body shops are about to get busy . Winter ain't coming ; it is here at last !
We love black ice! Snew on the ground coming this week.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:47 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
New battery and put my snow tires on, ready for old man winter.
May venture over to the lake and take some of the pier in as its in the low 50s and not supposed to rain. Then maybe a bit of shooting. Probably should reassemble the GP100 before I forget how it goes back together.

Have Great Day All

Rich
Old 10-27-2019, 11:51 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Currently 53 and sunny. Got more than 1.5 inches of rain yesterday evening with the warm front that passed thru. Temperatures warmed to 60 by midnight before dropping to near 50 by 3:00 a.m.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:01 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Currently 53 and sunny. Got more than 1.5 inches of rain yesterday evening with the warm front that passed thru. Temperatures warmed to 60 by midnight before dropping to near 50 by 3:00 a.m.
Yesterday was lovely - high 50's and sunny. Today, low 50's and raining. I don't MIND the rain, but I wish it would do it at night...

Last edited by SailDesign; 10-27-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typos
Old 10-27-2019, 12:03 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pouring rain here today. Going to finish painting the basement floor today. Have to do it in sections. Needs it done every 6 years or so. Cement floor painted green. Makes it look somewhat tidy.
......Tom Petty
Old 10-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We had rain over night and a dreary morning in the Valley. Now the sun is out and temps going to the 70s.
Was just outside and there was a bird trapped in the wife Jeep(she had hatch open) It was a Mocking Bird, poop in several places..... I got it out-opened all the doors.

Cleaned out and up the muzzle loader for this season, was still loaded from last season, went off with a bang.Its now ready to check (0) and put back in service.
Later after the race and football.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Flip!

R