Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:28 PM
linux_author
US Coast Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlvmike View Post
I'm going to echo Linux statements. I tried the pretreatment with Frog Lube, as recommended. Some buddies and I went out and put a lot of rounds through 3 cans. I came home for the "zen" cleaning session. They literally just wiped clean. I used a q-tip for the deep corners, and they wiped clean too.

I have a couple of the original SOS-22's and one of the V2. They had a sale on the 22s a while back, BOGO, so I got 2 of those. I lengthened one with an unused section of my V2, so I have a handful of them. I won't use them without the Frog Lube, ever.
tks, mr nlvmike... and i can verify that doing the Froggy with my other suppressor, a Dead Air Odessa-9, works very well indeed... ran 200 rounds of dirty M-22 and Rem Subsonics this morning, and the nitride-coated 17-4 baffles wiped clean and a follow-up scrub with a nylon brush in warm water and Dawn dish detergent got my suppressor ready for the next session in record time - very, very easy and non-toxic

i think the secret here is not to let your rimfire suppressor go for a year without cleaning - LOL!

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico