How to remove 10/22 front sight - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:32 PM
jonpoland

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How to remove 10/22 front sight

I'm not sure if this is the right forum. Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place. (I'm new here...)

I have a standard 10/22 with the tapered barrel. I purchased an Eagle Peep site and need to remove the stock front sight. I have tried a using a pin and mallet and it won't budge. Is there a trick?
Old 01-06-2006, 11:46 PM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Never messed with the front sight... but hold that thought, someone will be along shortly who can give you some suggestions. I just wanted to say

to RFC
Old 01-06-2006, 11:48 PM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
also one room up stock and barrels would have been correct forum, maybe one of the mods will move the post for you, or you can delete it and do that yourself.

Enjoy, Clint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2006, 12:10 AM
ErickSaint
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to ErickSaint Send a message via MSN to ErickSaint Send a message via Yahoo to ErickSaint
Actually mine just fell out one day. I can't say as it was ever really tight from day one. Had found it by some miracle, but seem to have misplaced it somewhere in the past 2 moves.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:50 PM
noworries

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Searching the archives would be your best bet. Like the other guy said posting a barrel question in the barrel forum would be wise also.

From my experience, I ended up cutting mine off. I used a dremel, and as long as your careful just cut it down the middle and then bust it out. I tried putting my barrel in a vice and hitting it with a hammer and a punch and couldn't get it to budge either way.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
JONpoland, welcome to RFC.

looking from the rear of the bbl, it is removed right to left. seems like the sight or dove-tail is slightly tapered. i had to give some a few good whacks with a punch and a hefty hammer, and one did not take much "persuasion". use a 2x4 or something similiar to support the end of the bbl and another around the stock area, padded of course, to keep the gun from turning. another pair of hands might help, but, not necessary. a coupla drops of oil may help. luck with the new sights.