Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-01-2004, 07:21 PM
goodshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to goodshot
question for antlurz?

I like the idea of the barrel tensioner you have.How far away from the receiver should the screw be centered?Did you try it out closeer to the end
or maybe closer in?I tried something close to this on a "flexable"houge om
stock,through the forarm with a wheel type thumb screw and a insert epoxied
in under the barrel,worked like a charm,but with the houge being so flexable the gap was awful.anyway,does the pvc just have a small countersink,and what about the silicone did you wax or lube up the barrel?what about adjustment after cleaning?Any info that you would be willing share with me would be great!Thank You,goodshot
Old 04-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Antlurz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Actually, I just mounted it out towards the end of the forearm. My instinct tells me the farther from the action the better, but I don't really have anything to base that on other that a SWAG.

Yes, there is a small dimple drilled into the PVC to align the screw. Here's a MAJOR hint. When you are using a large amount of silicone, put a thin layer of it in first and let it begin to set up before you add the rest of it Then, let it skim over before you actually set the barrel in it.. If you don't get it started on the curing cycle it will sit there for DAYS without curing. Even getting it to start curing beforehand still required over a days time to set up. If you get ready to do the silicone, use some automotive paste wax to work as a release agent. I put a couple coats on the barrel before I siliconed the PVC.

As far as adjustment after cleaning, I think a LOT of that has to do with how good a bedding job you did. Sometimes I get lucky and it stays in adjustment, sometimes not.

Ron

Last edited by Antlurz; 04-01-2004 at 08:32 PM.