Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Someone picked up a MS410b with British Proof Marks this evening

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Eurydice 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Pleased to report that is mine. I bought a couple mm410bs from the seller in March when he sold six. All six had issues (mostly minor) and went for lower prices than I'd seen for a long time. Was very pleased with my two rifles and also with the seller, so mulled it over all week even though there might be a point when one has enough? The three auctions this time around appeared to be nicer examples and started at higher opening bids.

I didn't go after this one especially for the British proofs - mostly because the seller thought it was a good one. Anxious to get my hands on it!

#7 ·
I bid on the lower priced one of the three. I went to $600 but that was it. I have my eye on others too. I would have liked to had it to go with my ES340B.

The entire blueing condition looks like this photo. BTW, the scope was only on for accuracy testing. (Just in case someone starts to pass out.) :rolleyes:

#13 · (Edited)
Gewehrfreund,
According to Jon Speed, you are the happy owner of one MM410B especially made for the English market with a special s/n range, BUG marked (I remember that you have his books at home).
Concerning the magazine, as you know, two models were made by Mauser. A long early one (N serie) and a shorter one that is usually encountered on the B serie (*). I thought that Mauser 45, MAS45 and "short" Mauser's B magazine are of the same length; I will check this.

(*) In fact, I'm not really sure that the magazine "short" length was introduced with the B serie introduction or earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.