Today I did something Impossible, or so I was told! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:38 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Today I did something Impossible, or so I was told!

I needed 36 8 ft. deck boards for a deck project I was working on. When I get to Lowes I find they only have 12 and 16' lengths. I decide to go with 18 pieces 16' long. As I was getting ready to move them from the cart to the 8' bed of my truck a young man came over and informed me I needed to get some 2X12's to put under them or they will break as soon as I go over a dip. I assured him I hauled 16' deck boards many times and never had any problems and if he wanted to stick around I would show him how to do it. He declined my offer and walked away. I guess an old man with white hair has nothing of interest to share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mission impossible.jpg (82.3 KB, 269 views)
Old 05-17-2019, 09:57 PM
MacTech
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did you round it off with Breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?

Old 05-17-2019, 10:00 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
In most states you would be illegal sticking that far out of your bed even with the red flag...

Old 05-17-2019, 10:13 PM
Hovannes
US Army Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lowes wouldn't cut them down to 8' for you?
Old 05-17-2019, 10:31 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovannes View Post
Yeah that!
Old 05-18-2019, 12:39 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSc View Post
In most states you would be illegal sticking that far out of your bed even with the red flag...
Technically it is about 4" too long in Pa. Max is 6' and 16 footers stick out past the tailgate about 6'4". I don't know of anyone getting a fine for hauling 16 footers in an 8' bed but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Now if you are hauling live trees for replanting I don't think the 6' applies.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:46 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovannes View Post
I am sure if I wanted to wait around I could have gotten someone to cut them but as I was loading the cart I continued to hear "Special assistance needed in the wood cutting area" so I knew I had the shrink wrap and tie down straps so I just headed out. The real reason I decided on 8' was ease of handling knowing I would have more waste as many of the pieces needed were just over 6'. It all worked out in the end.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:44 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by profsrgary View Post
It all worked out in the end.
The short end or the long end?

45 yrs or so ago dad hired a fishing friend my age to help us paper n tar a one story flat roof before the weather turned on us. Numbnuts friend was on the ground and we told him the length of paper needed. His question was; "Does it matter which end I cut off?" We had him 'working' on the ground because he fell off the ladder the first time he tried to climb up with something in his hand.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:42 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
The short end or the long end?

45 yrs or so ago dad hired a fishing friend my age to help us paper n tar a one story flat roof before the weather turned on us. Numbnuts friend was on the ground and we told him the length of paper needed. His question was; "Does it matter which end I cut off?" We had him 'working' on the ground because he fell off the ladder the first time he tried to climb up with something in his hand.
Years ago I worked with a guy who had a new home built. He had several doors that had to be cut down to clear carpet and tile. He asked the contractor if he could cut them down to save money and the contractor agreed. Pretty sure you see where this is going don't ya? Yep, no savings here!