Old 11-21-2010, 08:21 AM
TLARbb
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blademan View Post
On the wagon, huh?
Nope. Just distracted lately by other vices and some business issues. I have, since the earlier post, purchased a Case desk knife for a friend who helps me with my taxes. I'll stick a picture in here when it arrives (Monday probably). I'm curious about them anyway and I'm thinking of getting one for myself (maybe the ebony one). Just a little larger than the Sway Back Jack, but the bloodline is very evident. CM 154 Wharncliiffe fixed blade.

EJ
Old 11-21-2010, 08:51 PM
blademan
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
I know, having multiple vices is very confusing at times. Which urge should I satisfy first? That Case desk knife was certainly a nice gesture. Definetly, treat yourself to one also. Go ahead!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:04 PM
gt52842

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a new pocket carry SOG BLINK at the gun show yesterday, to change out with the KISS I normally carry everyday. It has a nice slender body and an assisted opening system ,a safety lock set up and a clean 2.125" blade . Gary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2010, 01:05 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Very nice find 17RemFan . . .

. . . that is a very handsome knife, congratulations on your good fortune to find and buy it.

A Case Pocket Hunter came in last Friday, but I stupidly forgot to send in my Team RFC dues - mah picture linking ability revoked! Have already sent them in, and when it comes back, will attach a picture of it. About the size of the butterbean above, little guy it is.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 PM
SleazyRider
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt52842 View Post
I bought a new pocket carry SOG BLINK at the gun show yesterday, to change out with the KISS I normally carry everyday. It has a nice slender body and an assisted opening system ,a safety lock set up and a clean 2.125" blade . Gary.
My favorite EDC knife, Gary! Just don't get it dirty; it's very vulnerable to sand, silt, dirt, or grit. Use pipe cleaners, compressed air, strips of paper, or even dental floss to keep it clean.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:28 PM
oldlib
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I went ahead and bought this one. I went back and forth between it and a Kbar, but I've already had one of those.
Truth is, I bought it for pretty, and it isn't likely to get any rough use. I have a digging knife for that.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I bought some M1 bayonets from the CMP. They are nice for the money.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:17 PM
17remfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A while back, I was out bid on a Case Barnboard Trapper. Oh well, you cant win them all. I did"nt push too hard for it lol. Now im just looking for a good deal on a Jadebone Case or maybe even redbone..

I would like to wish you all a safe,healthy Holiday.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:55 PM
marlin525

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
S&W Black Executive.
so far, doesn't look like a worthy replacement for my Buck Mayo Cutback.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:27 PM
oldlib
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17remfan View Post
I would like to wish you all a safe,healthy Holiday.
Thank you, you too.
And happy. We need to get back to happy somehow.
oldlib
Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 PM
WLEoff

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I picked up this Case Large Stockman in green bone. I bought it to carry and wonder how the script logo will hold up.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:41 PM
onie41

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good question about the script !
Its a good looking knife though.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:35 PM
TLARbb

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I'm kinda slow getting this picture up, but here it is....

Shown with my Case Sway Back jack. Too bad they didn't bring one out in the chestnut bone like the SBJ.

EJ
Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 PM
bada61265

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
was edc`ing my stretch today and came home to a package in the mailbox.

a brand new Gayle Bradley.
it is as nice as what ive seen reviewed lately in every respect. a few things i noticed right off that i didnt know. one, the scales are not all the way to match the edge of the liners. which is different and i think kinda cool, leaves the liners a little proud and there nicely polished inside and on the edges. awsome. i also didnt know the clip was hard black chromed with the spyder logo left in satin stainless, can see what might be the copper base plating on the edges of the logo like an outline, nice effect though not shure its by design. the liner lock has some jimping on it thats more like just thin cuts not very deep, probubly just gives it a little tooth for closing the blade but doesnt add anything to the grip. like all spyderco`s with the raised thumbrest spyderhole, its jimped very nicely and looks like the same jimping as is on the stretch or endura etc etc.. none on the choil area though. that would be my only complaint to what seems to be as perfect a knife in every way otherwise. more jimping... sound like nuttnfancy, lol but yea i would say it might be the best knife ive seen as far as execution of fit and finnish and design. talk about FFG blades all you want this is the blade shape im diggin now. the blade opens like its riding on ball bearings. theres zero play when locked, the thick ss lockbar wedges at least 90% of the way up behind the blade. maybe .010" or so not all the way, very close to perfect. someone wrote that the GB looked as if you could run it over with a truck and only hurt the truck. i think im in agreement though not laying it out on the street anytime soon

Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 PM
blademan
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Bought a Kabar Becker BK2, liked it so much, I bought a BK7 to go with it. These are some "brutily heavy duty" knives. Top quality USA made Kabars with 1095 carbon steel blades. The BK2 has a 5 1/2" (1/4" thick) drop point "Monster" blade.