Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 09:47 PM
flyingsquirrel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)

Mayor, the boys are doing fine. If I ran as much as them, Id weigh about 110#.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0747B7C5-ACBB-4D95-9277-574A19CE60E5.jpg (395.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:14 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Sihler View Post
Ok Al, Maybe try one of these, Black & Decker Smart Driver. It has a clutch ,used to drive screws of different lengths,It does drift a little when switched off.1/4 " drive.

I'm ruling out nothing but the Dremel so far albeit my old B&D one has the non Li batt thats over the hill. 12 scope screws one way and its kaputski.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:44 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post

I'm ruling out nothing but the Dremel so far albeit my old B&D one has the non Li batt thats over the hill. 12 scope screws one way and its kaputski.
How about something like this.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/PRO-SERI...RW12/309173157

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stark-SA...3503/308000329

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2020, 11:02 PM
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One of the unfortunate aspects of being at home sick is all the extra time you can spend perusing different topics on this forum. I looked into center fire pistols and noticed CZ's. I have always been a 1911 45acp fan because that is what I grew up with and what the service was still using when I was in. Yes I am that old. I may or may not own more than one and several may or may not be fully customized. I refuse to acknowledge owning any before the gubmint decides to take them. Looking at the CZ's I realized I didn't own any 9mm handguns. I did however know a guy (who shall remain nameless) who had a very slightly used CZ P09 for sale. The price was fair considering all the accessories and extra mags that came with it. Mags that hold 19 rds plus one in the pipe. If I did buy this CZ I could load up all the mags and shoot all day without reloading. That is what I would do if I did buy this gun. But I am not admitting to buying this gun. Just for grins how much does 9mm ammo cost?

Last edited by OldDave; 02-21-2020 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:11 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
We're old old school, don't do Amazon. CC # only go to big name outfits or its a check to out of town.
Maybe I'll beat a piece of 1.25" aluminum pipe flat and see if it hoovers, or no?

Thanks Wayne but I'm set on a powered driver at the moment.

Wings hoover big time tonight speaking of which. I quit watching after the 2nd quarter.

Finn had a nice walk @ a breezy 23˚ this evening.
Which outfit do you think is bigger than Amazon?

Buy gift cards at the grocery then put them on your amazon account.

I find electric screwdrivers to be too expensive. $10 for HF NiCd.

Al, take the BD apart and replace the batteries.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:13 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Overkill, dontcha think?
Old 02-22-2020, 12:50 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Have to wonder if the corona virus has affected the supply of beads for the carnival festivities, Don. Markets had a quasi bad hair day. Hard for anyone to get a handle on whot's really going on in China & somehow that virus continues to show up in places where it wasn't before. This crud I've contracted is bad enough. Shooting skeet in the cold & winds the past coupla days took me down a notch. Have been a slug all day today and took a long mid day nap. Loaded a few boxes of one-way 7/8 oz. 12 ga. target loads and haven't accomplished much more than that. Watched several more episodes of the first season of Narco w/the bride during the evening. She felt well enough to fix small smothered steaks and some shell pasta for a side w/a really tasty light non-tomato sauce w/fresh parsley in it, but I forget whot she called it.

Like Old Dave in the RFC perusal sense, was reading w/interest the several pages of remarks regarding a potential long range RF round that got into some thread drift. [Can't imagine. ] Mention was made of Thurman Randall and some of his small bore records set w/his model 52 Winchester, 'bacon getter'. He had a shooting supply store on Olive St., IIRC, in DT Dallas and I still have the first pair of Ray-Ban shooting glasses I bought from him as a young man. Originally they had G-15 lenses, on his recommendation for all round use, but that's whot all the pilots used too. I didn't buy a pair of amber lensed ones until later. If I still had those original plano lenses, I'd put them back in the frames. Bucket list item to put those glasses back in use & have the RX lenses presently in them removed. He put up w/a bud & I going down there as yute's and worrying him on numerous occasions. I still have some other shooting related accruements purchased from him. Its not a name often heard these days, but he was one of the great American marksmen where rifles are concerned. And he always had time for us & talked to us about the various rifles he had for sale even tho we never bought any of them. I always held him in high regard for that. He wasn't remotely pretentious and always welcoming and I never realized the full extent of his accomplishments until well after going there more than a few times and then it was from some other adults telling me about his fame.
--

On 9mm ammo, Old Dave, look at SG ammo in Oklahoma, for one, if you want loaded. I've used them for years & always been happy w/value & quality packaging. Consider them one of the good guys. Cost depends on what kind of load that you want. In rough terms figure twenty cents/round for generic ball & somewhat less for good deals or steel cased and talking in case [1K] lots. Specialized loads can run much higher & some types of reloads much lower.
--

Will be interested in how those grooveless bullets perform for you, 57.
--

I'm going to bed. G'nite.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:02 AM
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks wookness. Hope you start feeling better. Only took three weeks to kick the crud for me. I finally feel better but my wallet doesn't.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:05 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

By all reports, there is no shortage of Mardi Gras Beads. I've yet to attend a parade, and might not atoll.

I've still got a pair of amber Ray Ban shooting glasses around here someplace.

Javas' gud, and breakfast is on the stovetop.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:51 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Kinda need "/# vs ft/lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Which outfit do you think is bigger than Amazon?

Buy gift cards at the grocery then put them on your amazon account.
No Amazon account..

Al, take the BD apart and replace the batteries.
Hmm, I didn't think of that cause I didn't know it could be done on smaller stuff. Its gotta be less complicated than my fishing reels, no?

I saw my shadow yesterday and heard a seagull this a.m.....6 weeks to go. zzzzzz

19˚
Old 02-22-2020, 09:34 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Howdy all. It took a long while to ketchup. It was another busy work week, so not much TWH time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Got a call from my Pulmonologist this morning giving his blessing to the experimental procedure if I qualify, guess I'll learn that next Wednesday at Duke, not counting chickens at this juncture.
Good luck Gerald!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
No snow here. No lawn cutting. No exercise. Bought a Peloton. Gonna be a lean mean fightin machine.
That's the spirit!!!

I am off to the gym in about 10 minutes! Gotta stick with it!

I am really liking the new flagpole topper light.

Have a great day everyone!

R
Old 02-22-2020, 10:19 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Peloton is getting delivered March 6th. I would be on it right now. Told my son we’re getting it and he was excited and asked if he could use it. Sure, the more the merrier. Just go get your own shoes and hop on. He’s a weight lifter but really not much cardio so it will be good for him.

City this afternoon meeting our daughters for dinner. Soon as I mention free cocks and dinner, the phone lights up. My son in law is looking for a nice watch for his 40th birthday, so maybe we’ll do some educational shopping as all the major brands can be found along 5th.

Lots of banging going on around the neighborhood. House next door was finally sold after almost 4 years of being empty. New owners look like they are doing a total gut. House on the other side is doing new roof and wrapping his eaves and windows. House in back is doing a small addition over the garage. Other house in back is getting a total gut as well. The banging usually starts around 7:30AM. We’re not home during the day so no bother.

Last edited by dlong; 02-22-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:29 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Lastest.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:29 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Animals enjoying the sun

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1582388970
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 81E6E8D6-93E1-431B-A95F-481BE255C9FD.jpeg (328.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-22-2020, 10:44 AM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
It's 40 degrees outside, cloudy day, slim chance of rain.

Think we'll go down to the park (south or north, not too far either way) and see what we can see...

Life is good!

Quote:

I saw my shadow yesterday and heard a seagull this a.m.....6 weeks to go. zzzzzz

19˚
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0179 gull in flight.JPG (105.1 KB, 4 views)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Closed Thread