Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Daisy 747 for son for 4H

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  glock_556 
#1 ·
Where can I find a Daisy 747? Or what would be a suitable substitute?

#4 ·
I have a 717 and the trigger is very good IMO. 747's is supposedly better (I've never pulled one), but I can't imagine it would be a lot better than my gun. 747s don't come up as often as the 717s and usually go for more money.

An alternative you might consider is the Beeman P17/2004. Don't let the low price fool you; read the reviews. One of my favorite and most used air pistols. Harder to charge with air though. Might be a challenge for a younger boy.

https://www.amazon.com/Beeman-Sport...sprefix=beeman+p17,garden,192&sr=8-2-fkmrnull

#5 ·
I have several 747s, a 777, two 722s, and about six 717s. I would definitley recommend the 747 for your son. Even though the 777 is the Rolls Royce of the series the 747 is just as accurate and uses the same trigger. The difference is the sights and grips being plastic on the 747. They both use the Lothar-Walther barrel which is superior to the Crosman barrel on the 717 and 722 ( 22cal model). The plastic sights work just fine on the 747 and you can get excellent custom wood grips made for it by Vernon Austin. His grips are beautiful and can be had in right, left, or ambi. I'm a lefty so I have several pairs and find the even better than the factory grips and very reasonable in pric and turn around time. Fit and finish are excellent.
Most but not all parts are still available from the factory. They are easy to maintain and repair yourself. They can be bought pretty reasonable on ebay if you watch the actions carefully. I usually look for the ones that need work if you want a shooter. I also got an excellent deal on an almost unfired one new in the box Avanti 747 on Armslist for $150. Hope this helps. Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.