Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:12 AM
GT_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Picked up my first Smith and Wesson .22lr

I have been trying to whittle down my collection and weed out guns I don't shoot, as well as only buy new ones in calibers I have on hand. So I had a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in 44 special (weird and very expensive caliber) that I only shot a couple times. The rounds were hard to find, only 2 places carried the ammo locally, and the cheapest I have found it was $30 for 50 rounds of cowboy ammo. The thing hurt to shoot, and after one box of ammo, I had a line impressed in my grip hand middle finger from the trigger guard that I wasn't sure would go away. It was a whim purchase, I think I paid $249 or $299 for it, and it was sitting in my safe for months untouched.

I decided to trade it in, and originally was going to get a Ruger LCPII .22LR pistol, but the first show I went to offered me an offensive trade in of $75 on the pistol,because it had a bobbed hammer, and he thought it was "Bubba'd", when in fact it was a factory option... He was the only shop that had the LCPII in stock, so I mived on to my favorite shop (Old Glory Guns and Ammo in NH), and they offered me $175 in trade on the gun, and bought all my ammo for face value. With a store credit of $305, now I had to roam and find something I liked... I almost bought another 10/22 as I have plans for a much nicer more precision minded or tacticool folding stock 10/22 build, but instead I landed on this...

It is a Smith and Wesson SW22 Victory target pistol. As near as I can tell it was lightly used, and all factory parts. The trigger is very nice though, and has the overtravel adjustors on the trigger. I bought 3 extra mags for $20 each online, and as soon as I take it down and give it a good thorough cleaning, I will take it to the range.

victory 1.jpg

victory 2.jpg

For .22lr Pistols, I have this one, a Charter Arms Pathfinder 4" target revolver, and a Ruger SR22 as well. I really still want to get an LCPII, but I will wait till my local shop gets more in stock, and buy one outright probably.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:32 AM
GT_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I just realized I out this in the wrong forum... My bad... can mods move to the regular Smith and Wesson forum?
Old 01-15-2020, 10:40 AM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think you'll enjoy the SW22 Victory. I stumbled into a similar lightly used one a while back when looking for something else, and snapped it up. The first time out, it jammed so much I was ready to throw it, but after a bit of research I found the problem was the ejector arm was slightly off kilter. A fast and simple tweak to the ejector arm and problem solved instantly. It is fun to shoot, has nice FO sights, and shoots very well. The ejector issue is well covered in the S&W semi-auto forum; it is an easy fix if you need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2020, 11:46 AM
GT_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin22 View Post
I think you'll enjoy the SW22 Victory. I stumbled into a similar lightly used one a while back when looking for something else, and snapped it up. The first time out, it jammed so much I was ready to throw it, but after a bit of research I found the problem was the ejector arm was slightly off kilter. A fast and simple tweak to the ejector arm and problem solved instantly. It is fun to shoot, has nice FO sights, and shoots very well. The ejector issue is well covered in the S&W semi-auto forum; it is an easy fix if you need it.
Thanks. I have read similar things, also that these really start to jam if they get really dirty.