Old 11-21-2020, 11:12 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

Goodnight Mayor.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:13 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Wow! Is that guy compensating for something?

(Hope that wasn't you!)

I see the ifs & ands, but no jogging butts! Are you OK?

R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Wow, that is a really big lens.
Not me.

I was toting a Nikon 7500 with a 150-600mm Sigma lens.
It's about the biggest lens that I can reasonably hand-hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Those white Canon lenses are big bucks. Usually what you see in the end zone at NFL games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flangster View Post
Brilliant marketing on Canon's part too, as those lenses can be seen on the sidelines via tv. Fun fact: Canon is derived from Kwanon, or Guan-Yin, the Buddha of infinite compassion. Don't know where I get this stuff...I was always a Nikon guy myself.
I know a LOT of birders use the Canon's. After a while you find the $2700 price isn't so bad, and you get one...

Old 11-21-2020, 11:15 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I cannot watch hallmark it is too depressing.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2020, 11:15 PM
Blackwolfe

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pans858 View Post

That was mdew, Rhody... Mom came home 2 days ago. Spoke to her again today... still improving. Remdesivir!
Good news pans!

RFC is goofy for me tonight or maybe its just me. Tired.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:25 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
Just got this text with photo. Shot this AM across the highway from my woods. One less "raider".

Wow!

Will he be giving you a tin of bear grease? I always heard that it was the berries for wooden axles on wagons. What did he shoot it with? And was it treed? Its not something that I'm familiar with, black bear hunting, but its refreshing seeing that they are still around where you are. I should read up on the lore. That one looks like it would make a fine coat or rug or mounted full size, perhaps a greeter for unwanted magazine sales persons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdew View Post

Got the wife home about 5:00 yesterday evening after a stop at Culver’s. She was craving bacon cheese burger and fries. Good by me. ..

There are three days left in deer firearms season, if wife continues to improve I’ll try to hunt Monday and Tuesday. The SIL got a 11 point 200 lb buck Thursday afternoon on our place, 2:00 in the afternoon 73*.
That's some great news on your wife!

I hope that it works out for some deer hunting for yourself. I bet that young lady was proud of her trophy deer! Fantastic that you could offer her that opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pans858 View Post

With wind and temp like that, I sure hope you took a .22 to shoot today!
My time in Dallas taught me to cherish the low wind days! ..
I most certainly would have, but the rifle & pistol range were closed thru this weekend because of the USHA match. We are running three rings for that and the third is along side the road going to those ranges. It was recently covered w/ some horrible limestone aggregate that leaves an impenetrable white dust cloud behind any vehicle traveling on it. Helice shooters are walking or being transported to it in golf carts along a dif. path to prevent the dust's distraction. It was the best way to handle it. Dumb laws prevent using an oil truck on that road which would have been good for it and stopped the dust, flat.

Good news on your mom's progress! Very glad to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Wookness I can picture your dog doing this.
Bride & I both got a good laugh from that, AZ. Thanks! FS-13 numbers are way down this season and its been a while since Jack has taken one, tho there are at least two that I've seen recently that will sooner or later meet up w/him, having a face to jaw encounter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
ATTENTION
was someone in here looking for double edge razors?
The ones that take the flexible blades. I remember reading on here I think about someone who collected them and I found some that someone gave me that I don't have use for.
I still shave w/them thangs, but the blades are becoming more problematic to find as time goes along. I buy a handful whenever I find them. Shop at out of the way places for those, but have found them in Dollar stores before. Would be happy to have them.
--

Whot I did shoot today was two boxes of 25 yd. line handicap trap for the winter league. It was overcast for much of the day, but had broken into a mottled blue sky w/a heavily laden mid level elevation of moisture laden Nimbostratus clouds moving quickly overhead in a non-stop onslaught by the time I was shooting, so it was mostly darkish to poor light w/a few flashes of bright, now & again. Had discovered two new boxes of 32 gram/9 8th oz. WW AA CF [compression formed]#8 trap loads from the 70's when rooting thru stuff recently, so shot those. One box had a retail price sticker on it of $4.37. Drug out a TM-1 that I'd not shot in forever and broke essentially the same scores as I did yesterday from the 16yd. line. Got 18 on the first box & 17 on the second. Targets were okeh, perhaps still a bit flat, just hard for me to get a clean crisp focus on, given the light and dark brown background from scrub that has now lost most of its leaves, but has a lot of green vines in it. Only ran two pegs, one on each box, but it was mostly drop one here & two there. NBD, it was just for having some fun. I need to get back into more trap shooting and see if I can't get more into the swing ofvit, but think I'll stick to 24 & 28 gram ammunition. That 3 dram 9/8 oz. handicap ammo has some thump. I knew that, but it had been a while since I'd experienced it. The way I've been shooting recently, its doubtful that more pellets or thump would accomplish more than just beating myself up sooner. Still, it was fun and beat staying in & sequestered by a country mile.

Last edited by wookness; 11-21-2020 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:37 PM
M92pv4u

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll gather 'em up wook I have a couple other things for you that I thank you'd enjoy.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:54 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
I cannot watch hallmark it is too depressing.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Thats 2 of us.

Only Wook would want some bear grease for wooden axles.

First good night at Last.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:46 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
wook, finally getting to bed. Black bears in NC, numbers are exploding. I believe it is Dare Co. or another eastern NC county that has the largest population in the US. My county has had a bear season for 5 years now. Gets longer and longer each year. Like I said, 3 more there on camera. They are getting fat on peanuts and sweet potatoes.

Goodnight.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:28 AM
Blackwolfe

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
At last I think I might finally fall asleep at a more normal person time tonight.

Closing thoughts:
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab

Last edited by Blackwolfe; 11-22-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:53 AM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
When I first met Dean in 1996 when I was 40, I'd never held a gun or shot one. My Dad had guns and my 2 brothers had guns, so I didn't have any problem with Dean having them.

When we first started plinking at an OH gun range (Cincinnati area and you had to be a paid member), I started shooting his 357 revolver, liked and shot it a lot. When I shot one of his 38 special revolvers, I thought it was too wimpy and didn't shoot it as much as the 357. I'd even say Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy! (like the Hefty trash bag commercials would say, Hefty, Hefty, Hefty!)

Two pics of the 38 spec. I shot it without the scope....

Years later, after not shooting/plinking as often and getting older, the 357 felt more powerful and I shot the 38 special a lot more and it wasn't so wimpy.

I really loved Dean's 375 Winchester, with the scope and the "annoying" muzzle brake! It was a lot of fun! We'd called them "annoying muzzle brakes" because it would be annoying to others shooting next to you and not to yourself.

Dean said the rifle rounds were expensive, I couldn't shoot it as much, as I would have liked.

I remember I'd be shooting the 375 and Dean would be shooting his XP-100 350 Rem Magnum at the same time at targets. Blasting away and having a lot of fun!

Later with a new paint job; the old Plymouth Panther Pink color....

I shot other guns of Dean's, I can't remember at this time which ones, but these 3 stand out in my mind.

≡✪≡

Last edited by IHMSA80x80; 11-22-2020 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:04 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Thanks, 92!
--

Not sweet potatoes, but I bought yams on the dog & cat food run for $0.37/# this morning. Near never see real sweet potatoes here. Lurv the Louisiana 'red's', when I can find them.. mostly in E TX from roadside stands and have to be lucky at that. Same for the small white patty pan winter squash. Only see the yeller & green variegated variety in the stores and many are rather large. I'm always looking, so buy a handful of the smaller ones, when I can find them.

Also bought a half dozen moderately large avocados @ $0.33 ea. So much for the big scare about renegotiating the NAFTA agreement and prices going thru the roof! More MSM fiction, that.. the great avocado shortage.. that never happened. Pure poppycock, as it turns out. Viva guacamole!
--

Will likely go and shoot something clay tomorrow. Forecast is down to 30 % chance of rain prior to 10 AM. I won't get out there that early. May just go and tromp about shooting more sporty clays & try and perk up the ego. the exercise will be good. Regardless, looks like we will be getting some wet before Thanksgiving. Its much needed. 67 now @ near 1 A. Tomorrow's high only 63 w/the low going back into the 40's and some North winds blowing this way again.

Sleep tight, g'nite. Pray that Shirley is having a restful weekend and you too, Marilyn. And of course for all of us, if truth be known.

Old 11-22-2020, 02:10 AM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

Pray that Shirley is having a restful weekend and you too, Marilyn. And of course for all of us, if truth be known.

Thank you Wookness and of course; everyone else!

≡✪≡
Old 11-22-2020, 02:21 AM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Blackwolfe,

Glue a drawer knob to it? Or one of those cell phone pop-up knobs.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:10 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good Morning.

Gotta make my own omelet today due to big Gretch.

Good news that your wife is home and has her appetite, Mdew.

Those Canon great whites are not cheap. I'd really like a 600 F4 but $13,000 is better spent elsewhere in my world. I was told that they make them white to keep heat down in the lens. In astronomy, telescopes are set out to cool before use to minimize tube currents that can affect the stability of the image.

Great job cleaning up. Wondered how you got so old but read about your uncle owning the place before you.

Bacon and sausage need turned.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:24 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Good Morning.

Great job cleaning up. Wondered how you got so old but read about your uncle owning the place before you.

Good morning Zoomi!

This place was built by my great-grandfather back in 1914. My family has owned the place for 6 generations. I keep finding very kewl stuff!

I posted a pic here a short while ago of my great grandfather myself and my two brothers. This is the same house in which I currently reside. We've made a few updates over the years ....century actually!

R

Last edited by Rhody; 11-22-2020 at 07:50 AM.
Closed Thread