Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2020, 07:15 AM
tunnels
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
new victory

Hey! Brand new, here. My first post. Just bought a Victory. Plain Jane version, not threaded. I'm in PA and when I went to pick it up the NICS (LGS told me this has been happening a lot lately) was down so I'll have to try again. Gonna put a few hundred rounds thru it first. Looking for a red dot recommendation below $200. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:57 AM
StanHi

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Welcome! and congratulations on your new Victory. The one I bought was used- and a very nice shooter- extremely accurate. It wears a Holosun 507c. We have a love/hate thing going on. I believe it costs $200 from some places. It is a great sight in terms of visibility and precision. However, I've found it difficult to acquire a sight picture very quickly; apparently, this is more ME than the Holosun.
If I had it to do over again, I'd buy a different red dot. Not sure which one.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:37 AM
FrankW
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Victory with a 507c and it works great for me. I find with the proper thumbs forward grip the dot comes right up. No problem finding it.

I do have a Tandemkross Hive Grip and Shadow Mount that might help.

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2020, 01:35 PM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnels View Post
Hey! Brand new, here. My first post. Just bought a Victory. Plain Jane version, not threaded. I'm in PA and when I went to pick it up the NICS (LGS told me this has been happening a lot lately) was down so I'll have to try again. Gonna put a few hundred rounds thru it first. Looking for a red dot recommendation below $200. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I have a very inexpensive ADE RD3-006A reflex red dot (actually green) that I have on my Glock 17 and it has worked out very well. I have another one that I mounted on my Victory on the rail - the red dot comes with a mount for the rail or you can mount it on a Shadow Mount or any other compatible mount. It will fit any mount that will take a Burris Fastfire or Sightmark Mini-Shot sight. I think I paid about $60 for it. It has a 3 MOA dot, but you do have to change the battery from under the sight which could be a deal breaker for a lot of people. Of course, if you're willing to spends upwards of $200 you can get a much nicer sight. I've been very happy with mine and they do seem to hold zero, even on the Glock. Hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:33 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome!

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on getting your new Victory. Although I do not use a red dot sight on mine, I have added some Tandemkross parts, trigger and halo, to mine and have a new set of Altamont wood grips ordered also. The Victory is a very nice pistol and I'm sure you are going to really like yours.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:10 PM
Camaro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations! I think its a great pistol.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:38 PM
JeeperJake
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations on your Victory!!! My PC version was bought slightly used and performs well.

I chose a Fast Fire III, which I prefer for configuration and reliability. I've got several thousand rounds down range with it. The flu has changed my home range group match schedule, but I get a little individual practice now & then.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:05 AM
DrewBone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on getting a S&W SW22 pistol!

I would suggest shooting it a good amount before deciding on any aftermarket items, especially the trigger, as IMHO (and in the opinion of many others) the SW22 has one of the best out of the box triggers of the .22 semiauto pistols available.

I've changed nothing mechanically on mine, though after finding myself not caring for the hard and slippery factory grips I did some research and opted for G10 material grips from a company called Bullseye Grips, available on Etsy. These particular grips are identified as "Dark Grey/Black-G10-Made in the USA-Sunburst Pattern" (see link below), which unfortunately are currently sold out, though the thumb rest variety and other colors are available.

The G10 material and the pattern cut into these grips offer a very "grippy surface", and the deep(er) cut on the left side of the grip affords a much easier time of operating the magazine release without modifying the position of your hand on the grip.

Bullseye Grips for SW22 Victory - Grey/Black - G10 - Starburst pattern...

Enjoy!
Old 11-24-2020, 08:25 AM
huntsman22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I made my own from camo G-10.....

Old 11-24-2020, 06:19 PM
tunnels
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As DrewBone said, I'll be putting a bunch of different ammo thru before I make any changes. Always good advice. Just picked up the pistol today. Cleaned and oiled before shooting. Little surprised that it was really dry out of the box. I think grips will get changed. Still thinking if sights will be worth the change. The only red dot that I have used is a Holosun 403 which is on my Ruger 9mm carbine. Easy to pick up the dot and accurate but looks a little large for the Victory. Can someone explain the differences between a red dot like that and an open reflex like a Holosun 507? Are they both easy to pick up the dot? As accurate? I will be using the Victory mainly for target and range out to maybe 50-75 yards (that's all I have available on a regular basis). Thanks
Old 11-24-2020, 10:02 PM
Sir

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The KIDD 10/22 pistol with brice I recently put together carries a Holosun 403 with a simple green dot redicle, the Canik at bedside wears a 507 with the larger circle green redicle. To me it seems the larger redicle on the 507 makes for quicker target acquisition and the small dot on the 403 allows better accuracy. The 403 is 1/2 the price of the 507.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:26 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsman22 View Post
I made my own from camo G-10.....

Those are some really nice looking grips. Well done!