Henry Single Shot (Centerfire) - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-18-2020, 06:57 PM
USCGret
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Henry Single Shot (Centerfire)

Moderator, please excuse this post...but thought I might get some help here. I saw a really nice Henry Single Shot in 30-30 at the LGS. I'm actively considering the purchase. I know that a recall for this model is still underway. Is there a good way to determine if this particular rifle was manufactured AFTER the potential safety issue(s) were resolved by Henry (July 2020??) ?? I sent Henry an email with this question as well, but awaiting a reply. All replies appreciated.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:09 PM
TrblShtr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If Henry doesn't get back to you right away (but they will), I saw this on Henry's web site...

Quote:
If you have any questions regarding whether or not your Henry is a part of this recall, please contact us immediately at [email protected] or our toll-free phone number 1-866-200-2354.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:03 AM
KitsapShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The rifles that have the fix have a small dot or dimple in the back/inside of the trigger guard i believe. I just bought one new in 308 and found out about the recall when i got it home. My box had an inspection tag with inspection dates from July 2019, so it needs the recall. I thought i read that any rifle made before 2020 needs the recall. If you find a rifle you like, ask to see the box and see if you can date it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2020, 03:00 AM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tnx TrblShtr and Kitsap for the replies and info.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:58 AM
KitsapShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I looked at my own rifle closely. Trigger guard has the simple, so i guess it has already had the recall done, i wonder if the sportsmans warehouse where i bought it sent it in
Old 11-23-2020, 12:08 PM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tnx agn. I went back and checked. The rifle had an August 2020 Inspection Tag date, and it has the dimple. The trigger also feels pretty light...have not measured. NICE walnut.... Brought it home!! Now, need to find ammo. Hard to find now. :-( Who would have ever thought 30-30 would be so scarce.

Last edited by USCGret; 11-23-2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Ceapea
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently (a month ago) bought one in 44 mag. I called Henry after ordering, but before receiving it. They told me that every one of the single shot rifles made in 2020 has not only the recall fix, but also an upgraded trigger group. Some of the early guns had trigger pulls all over the map. Some were 4 lbs, some were over 8 lbs. Now they are supposed to all be pretty consistent. Mine breaks very cleanly at just over 3 lbs.

Last edited by Ceapea; 11-23-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:44 PM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
I recently (a month ago) bought one in 44 mag. I called Henry after ordering, but before receiving it. They told me that every one of the single shot rifles made in 2020 has not only the recall fix, but also an upgraded trigger group. Some of the early guns had trigger pulls all over the map. Some were 4 lbs, some were over 8 lbs. Now they are supposed to all be pretty consistent. Mine breaks very cleanly at just over 3 lbs.
Good Info Ceapea. Tnx. This rifle has a really nice trigger. I have not measured it, but based on 50+ years of shooting, I'd say this trigger is in the 3# area. Hope to get it shootng sometime soon.