Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:04 PM
wafermonkey1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanx Muriner!

Appreciate your detailing your initial response with a post and photo. Nice looking Olimpia!Is that from Classic or another source?-Wafermonkey
Old 06-30-2020, 08:25 AM
Muriner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's from Classic Firearms. As I've complained in the other topic it's got cracked stock, but I really like the rifle so I decided to keep it (especially considering the fact that CF doesn't have bull barrel any more).

Yesterday I tried the set up in action. Here is what I've learned (some of it was predictable in retrospect, but I've learned it the hard way).

1. My cheap Chinese scope is total junk, the reticle canted even before I was done signing it in. I normally don't save on optics but since I wasn't sure how the ring would work on the scope (Jodwillow's description of tightening the scope first made me hesitant to try it on decent quality scope) I figured I'll just get something to try first.

2. Even if it wasn't canted this scope would be a poor choice, since it precludes taking the bolt out. Not necessarily a big deal, but I would prefer not taking the scope off if I need to clean the bolt. Thus I'll be looking for something shorter with a long eye relief.

3. Jodwillow mentioned that you have to attach the scope first and only then attach it the rifle, otherwise you won't be able to do it. The good news is that once the initial tightening of the tube on the ring is done and you mount it on the rail, you can take the scope off and the ring shape will stay the same.

4. Since the scope sits pretty high you'd need a decent amount of vertical adjustment for your scope to be able to shoot at 25, 50, etc.

Last edited by Muriner; 06-30-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:40 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally had a chance to pull mine out of the safe. It looks like the heavy barrel without the front sight hood and a monte carlo stock. Not the heavy target stock or the sporter with the schnaeble.

I was recovering from surgery when I got this one a few years back and had to sneak out of the house to go pick this up from UPS.

I think with a little work the stock can be cleaned up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2020, 08:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From a little but of research it looks like I got the super sport.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:20 AM
Firedawg
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysha View Post
I am on a mission to find one of these rifles at an affordable price. I have been looking for some months now and the one I did find was sold literally minutes before I found it. This search has almost become an obsession!!

If anyone has a lead on one for sale could you give me a heads up via PM?
You may want to try Classic Firearms. I just ordered one from there.