Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

39er's Club

182K views 564 replies 353 participants last post by  joe45c 
#1 ·
Who all has a 39? I'd like to see how many folks on here have them.

#103 ·

Top to bottom-

"L" '54 39-A pre micro-groove/Banner 4-12X 40mm A/O

Pre-XTR 94-22-M/Trashco World Class 3-9X 40mm

Marlin No. 20 pump/Ruko 4X 20mm repro brass tube sight

Regarding the Ballard/Micro-Groove thing, the new rifling showed up in 1954. The old barrels had to be used up, and there were some that shipped in '54 with the old Ballard rifling. There were a few that made it out in '55 with the old rifling- numbers were quite low- IIRC the correspondence with Plinker Tom, it was less tham 90 of them...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

#105 ·
My Christmas present

I had logged in here sometime ago with the `57 vintage Golden `39A Mountie but thought I`d share my new to me Christmas present "Old `39". It is so late in production of the real `39s that it has a coupple of the `39A features.

SmallCal is a happy camper :D with the new Shooter.

#108 ·
I only have one at the moment.
It's a early vintage early 39A golden with a lyman peep that I picked up just last year. Beautiful wood & fit/finish as well as a excellent shooter. It's already a favorite and I my just have to sell off my Winny 9422 to finance a mounty version at some point.

p.s. IMHO, the 39's were true "mans" .22's . Built "full sized" of quality machined steel and quality walnut.

#110 · (Edited)
I'll play

I've had a 1952 (J SerNum) 39A for about 30 years now and a few months ago I picked up a 1964 Golden Mountie w/ the box (same SN as the gun, Z) that seems like it's rarely been shot. I think I'll leave the Mountie in the box in the safe. I'll keep shooting the other one as I have been for 30 years. She's accurate as ever!!

#111 ·
Great Post.:bthumb: I guess I need to throw mine in the midst here too. She's one of my favorites, but I can't take credit for her. It was my father-in-laws before it was passed to me.:( A 1971 NRA centennial anniversary octagon barrel with brass on the buttplate and forearm.) Shoots better than I can and runs like a dream. I don't know if I like the scope on it but I'm not going to take it off since thats "how he had it".
A man couldn't ask for a better gun!

#112 ·
I've owned my 39A since 1976, bought it off a pallet of them at Mashburn Arms in OKC. The wife picked it out of a literal stack of them. She found one with some pretty impressive wood. It's been a shooter from day one. I spent several hundred dollars on a 77/22 trying to get it to out shoot this gun. The 77/22 is long gone but the 39A is here to stay, besides the wife told me if the rifle goes, I go!:eek:

#121 ·
I love this old thred.:bthumb:

A big thumbs up to all for the pics.:bthumb:

Someday maybe I'll be able to add some pics of mine now that threw tradeing around some and selling of some I am up to 4-Mounties and my first 39 an 1982 39A that I have had awhile.

Again thanks to all for the pics.:bthumb:

#122 ·
My first

My first .22 was a golden 39A. My dad surprised me with it around my 12th birthday for Christmas. For some reason I really wanted a .22 and this is the gun he bought me. It was a total surprise, the only gun he has ever bought for me so it is quite special. I think it was around 1979ish. I should check and see what year it was manufactured in.

I should also get it out and do some shooting with it.

I will always have this gun.

Shawn

#126 ·
Am I the only one

with the Model 39D? Looks like a red ryder BB gun with the barrel band 20"? I think of all the 39's I've owned TDS, Mountie, A, and even the 1894M 22 mag. This is my Fav. I own 2 now, with a third on the way, unless someone out bids me on Gunbroker (hope they do before I spend all my Christmas money)