Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

39er's Club

182K views 564 replies 353 participants last post by  joe45c 
#1 ·
Who all has a 39? I'd like to see how many folks on here have them.

#52 ·
Hey Fullchoke and Flysalot,

My 1897T is just fine....now. I paid a real gunsmith $60 to make it shootable for "cowboy" class silhouette. (trigger & action work) Then I paid him again to mount a Marbles tang sight. Don't ask how much "parts and installation" was.

Like I said, I took a $450 1897T, put a couple hundred into it, and it's now a great gun.:D

#53 ·
1980 39A... my wife's 94 year old uncle had it when he sold out to move from the farm a couple years ago. He bought it new, but never put a scope on it and hardly shot it because of his older eyes. He knew I collected a little, so he held it out of his auction until he asked if I was interested in it????? He didn't have to ask twice. I have since put a Williams receiver sight on it and a narrower bead front sight insert.

#54 · (Edited)
Here is my Golden 39a Mountie, purchased by me at Yokota AFB, Japan in 1962 and engraved there at the BX gun engraving shop. It is a sister to that one show above by Henry455, no doubt the engraving done by the same guy at the same shop, we had a conversation about this a couple of years ago here on RFC. Mine has never been fired.

#57 ·
Now I can join! Yesterday I found and bought a Golden 39M, built in 1980. Looks just like the third gun down in Moxie's post, on this thread, except has the squared-off back of finger lever like his top rifle on that post.

I had decided I had to have one, was losing faith in being able to find a Mountie, but did. I'm a happy camper.

eljay

#61 ·
39'eres Club

I bought a 39A this year to go with my lever collection and I love it.
I have a Win. 9422 and a 9422M and a Henry Hoo1T and a Marlin 39A and they all shoot great. I also have 3 more lever Actions in 45/70, 2 winchesters and a Marlin 1895 that I put a Lyman peep sight on and is deadly on a beer can at a 100 yards. Johnny Reb

#65 ·
Depends a lot on the buyer. Your rifle is pre-MicroGroove barrelled. In this part of the country, your rifle should bring $300-350 in the condition you state. That's retail of course. As a trade-in it'll bring considerably less.

Welcome to RFC:Welcome:

Sent you a PM.

#67 ·
Another here!!!

Mine's a 1953 Mountie, that was in pretty bad shape when i got her for $150 dollars.

Since she had no collector value, but shot as accurately as my bolt rifles, I stripped and re-oiled her wood, and re-blued her colorless barrel using one of those "Blue Wonder" kits.

Here is how she turned out::t

#75 ·
fullchoke said:
Welcome to RFC. Certainly is a nice "family" you have there. The stock on the third from the top is very interesting. Unusual for Marlin.
thanks for the welcome, the golden 39 with the fancy stock wood is the way it shipped from the factory it is the 1981 gun that i have not shot i still have the original box, no particular reason for not shooting it, just have not needed to, waiting for another grandson to give it to.