Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

39er's Club

182K views 564 replies 353 participants last post by  joe45c 
#1 ·
Who all has a 39? I'd like to see how many folks on here have them.

#6 · (Edited)
I have one that was made in 1966.
It wears a Leupold 4x12x40 and I've polished the
trigger/hammer engagement surfaces until I got a 2.5 lb.
trigger pull. Shoots cheap ammo into 1/2 " groups at 50 yards.
Recently bought a 1978 model in like new condition.
Has the flip-up rear sight instead of the elevated one.

#529 · (Edited)
"Polish trigger &hammer surface"

I tried to polish but Mr. Dremel had other ideas. You wouldn't happen to be able to direct me to a source for polishing trigger and hammer surface?

Since the trigger on the Golden 39A seems to be made of a soft metal. Has the soft metal been able to maintain a 2.5 trigger pull?

I think that some gent in west Texas added a set screw trigger stop. Looked for that post again but no joy.

Suggestions as to where to find replacement 39A triggers and hammers would be appreciated. This is the first time that Mr. Dremel has gotten this aggressive. This is too good of a rf for a Forest companion to be sidelined. Again, your suggestions appreciated.

Using the Forum search engine and Marlin 39A as the searched for subject our Search bot replied that there were no posts with 'Marlin', '39' , or '39A' in the title.

Thanks,
salty

#14 ·
I have owned six of these over the years. I'm presently down to three - (2) 39A (I Ballard rifling, 1 Micro Groove rifling), and 1 39TDS. I'm still looking for a 39ADL but these are hard to find.

These have to be one of the best rifles made for plinking and just roaming in the woods with a rifle in hand. I hope they never stop building them.

#17 · (Edited)
I have a 39A with the ballard rifling, "J" prefix. I found this rifle in pretty rough shape, so I refinished the stock, reblued the metal, replaced a few broken parts, some boggered screws, and added the Lyman receiver sight. For all its rough shape, it did have a beautiful trigger pull...still does.

I also have two 39A's from the mid 1980's....pre cross bolt safety. Here is a link on removing the cross bolt safety if you don't like it on your rifle.

#20 ·
jnyork said:
I have two, a very experienced 58 model and a new, unfired 80 model. I shoot the 58 about 4000-5000 rounds a year in Lever Action Silhouette, it wears a Marbles Tang Sight and Lyman 17a front. From my cold dead hands!!:t :t
SCHWEET!
Are you using an aperture insert in the front, or a post?

#26 ·
my 39

i bought a used 1981 39A golden. found it at a local shop, couldnt believe the price for the great condition it was in. i stopped and asked what was wrong with it. guy said nothing so i started the paperwork and ran to the bank to sneak some money out.

had to have it as a compainion peice to my ruger single six. i especially like it cause its pre-safety.

-Eric